INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a lot of bulb for a brooder, unless you are brooding outside in a coop. I use a 95w incandescent the first week when brooding indoors.

I was just going to say the same thing, then ask if they were outside? I use a 100 W. bulb..but..I have a large brooder. They can go right under it, or around it. After a couple of days, down to a 75 W. And, of course, go down from there.

desperate???  :eek:
Haha! If the shoe fits!
1f604.png
they actually are the big duplo blocks, not quite as dangerous as those foot killer Legos!

Last edited:
Update on my hatch...10 out of 20 hatched. It was a 3 day hatch. Started Friday and ended Sunday. My last baby hatched last light and needed help. It got stuck in the egg. It was very weak and I didn't think it would make it. It looked better this morning and by this afternoon it was put with the rest of the chicks. This hatching chicks can get pretty stressful. I opened the other eggs from the air cell ends and all were dead :( that is very sad but I'm happy with the ones that did hatch.
Here they are -
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I tried 3 different containers. the chick managed to get out of the fancy cup, plus I don't think it narrowed down enough. Then I tried a fancy wine glass but it was too tall & the chick didn't look like it was going to stay in there either. Then I found a Christmas tealight holder. The chick is in there but still looks like it gets its' legs up on the side. I'm guessing I'll have to try the bandaid splints/ leg connected thing. The white chick with the foot problem (curled toes on 1 foot) is now sporting a fancy new shoe : )
I had 1 last chick hatch with assistance after more than a day of now progress. I should have just left it alone. It has severely curled toes on both feet, doesn't seem to have any leg strength. But peeps like crazy. It can't even stand up. All the yolk had been absorbed & it looked like it had pooped in its' shell. I believe that it was malpositioned & couldn't get its' head up to push. I'm sure I will have to cull this one, poor little guy. I hate this part ( having to cull the tiny babies).
heading to bed. Hope to catch up over the holiday break. I'm only on page 421 (oh my!)

I hope so but those eggs have had it rough :( I'll candle tomorrow and see if anything is growing. Some of those are jubilees too. I really want some jubilees.

I hope so but those eggs have had it rough :( I'll candle tomorrow and see if anything is growing. Some of those are jubilees too. I really want some jubilees.

I hope you get some too, the coloring is so pretty. I hope that I get some mille fleur (it the same pattern) from my D'Uccles that I won. But I won't hatch those until Easter *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom