INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like our winter, except for the bugs part. Have been having a very warm winter. Most snow we had on the ground at one time round my house was about 4". Been rainy and semi-warm 40-45* all week.

They are not always mean

Folks say the same about RIR

They will fight off a predator or two though
I would think any competent heritage breed chicken should have the ability to do that. I want them to be able to protect themselves cause I'm not always around. I've heard that RIR are more bully towards other chickens but not necessarily mean. When I think of mean I think human aggressive. That'll end with you in a soup pot, just ask my SLW Roo.

I would think any competent heritage breed chicken should have the ability to do that. I want them to be able to protect themselves cause I'm not always around. I've heard that RIR are more bully towards other chickens but not necessarily mean. When I think of mean I think human aggressive. That'll end with you in a soup pot, just ask my SLW Roo.

That's the longest most serious post I ever seen from you.

You ok?

DW is always watching for free things in the local paper last batch of laying hens we had a few hens and needed a rooster she finds five free ones gets them all and they were the meanest roosters I ever saw put them in a big pen in three days one had killed all the others and that one broke its neck trying to get to me through the fence . no more and now have a BCM that is just as bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom