INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW is always watching for free things in the local paper last batch of laying hens we had a few hens and needed a rooster she finds five free ones gets them all and they were the meanest roosters I ever saw put them in a big pen in three days one had killed all the others and that one broke its neck trying to get to me through the fence . no more and now have a BCM that is just as bad .
Sometimes there's a good reason people give away free roosters.

I would think any competent heritage breed chicken should have the ability to do that. I want them to be able to protect themselves cause I'm not always around. I've heard that RIR are more bully towards other chickens but not necessarily mean. When I think of mean I think human aggressive. That'll end with you in a soup pot, just ask my SLW Roo.

my SLW roo was sweet so long as you didn't mess with his women

DW is always watching for free things in the local paper last batch of laying hens we had a few hens and needed a rooster she finds five free ones gets them all and they were the meanest roosters I ever saw put them in a big pen in three days one had killed all the others and that one broke its neck trying to get to me through the fence . no more and now have a BCM that is just as bad .

Let me guess

You named him Stew.....

caf.gif

mine was a piece of anatomy with a capital D

My roo's name was Kevin.......Kevin tasted yummy.

caf.gif

gig.gif
Probably to hard to train a replacement

well If you say so but I get nervous sometimes .
hmm.png
we was cutting calves and she was doing the knife work and a friend showed up to watch .said it made him real nervous when she stood up with that bloody knife in one hand and oysters in the other and grinned at hin
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom