INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morningChaos!
hugs.gif
Morning sweetheart.
hugs.gif
How goes the eastern half of the state?

Quote: of course!!

THE INTERNAL PIP
Toward the end of standard chicken egg incubation, at approximately day 19, the embryo pierces the air sac membrane with its beak, this is called INTERNAL PIP/PIPPING or (IP) and then has a rest period which could be up to an 24 hour gap before EXTERNAL PIPPING (EP) where the chick pips a crack/rupture in the OUTER SHELL. (Dawes, 1981; Burton and Tullett, 1985),

HOWEVER, with a malposition at the wrong end, IT CANNOT PIP INTO THE AIR CELL and rest, It pips directly through all membranes and outer shell to take its first breaths! This combines the internal and external pipping timeframe, so these can be very hard to know when and if you should assist. If the chick is chirping or moving beak and liquid free, most times they can get out unassisted.

MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770
Pips and ZIPS ARE NOT THE SAME PATIENCE is a MUST!
LL

first pip directly to the outside world
\
LL

normal pip, internal first
LL

THE EXTERNAL PIP
The external pip or crack will appear on the 20th Day on the outer shell. AFTER the embryo internally pipped the air sac and became a chick and breathed in air by piercing the air cell, it will rest again which could be up to an 24 hour gap before the final less that hour ZIP/ZIPPING to hatch out of the shell.

Last edited:
Still nothing
Me neither kiddo, me neither!

Finished moving 200 eggs to lockdown last night. 44 are turkey eggs.
good morning!!! and a great one for those eggies!!! so awesome!! I so wish I could get to you! I will have to see if I can have husband run down since he has to run to pick up and drop his daughter off this weekend. I need to mapquest and keep forgeting! trying hard to keep up at home, yet alone on here! I try to chat while I am updating or finding info or helping someone but I run out of time for much!

Morning sweetheart.
hugs.gif
How goes the eastern half of the state?
ok, was snowing enough to annoy me and have to go sweep it away! lol and already cold!!

One pip that I can see. One. Lonely. Pip.
pop.gif

a pip is a chick most times!! YAYYAYYA!!!

ok, was snowing enough to annoy me and have to go sweep it away! lol and already cold!!
Already cold? It's been friggin cold since yesterday round here. All it did over night was get colder and it's supposed to keep getting colder through saturday. I think the low for saturday over is is -3*. Not much snow to talk about, maybe an inch on the ground but the dadgum wind blows it everywhere.

@dheltzel I have the stc-1000. What else do I need to be able to wire it up for operation?

You will need a couple of short pieces of wire and some wire nuts. Also a small slot-type (regular) screw driver to loosen and tighten the terminal screws. I think maybe a small phillips also for removing the back plate. You may also want a good sizes outlet box or "project box" to mount it all in. I have one the is direct wired, and another one I wired to control a standard electrical outlet. The box is optional, and can be added later, after you have it all working.

Read the wiring diagram on the back and if you can't figure it out, let me know.
1) Both input wire (from the cord you will plug into the power outlet) need "pigtails" with a wirenut to split it in 2, one of each to the power inputs on the back of the STC.
2) The other wires from the pigtail go:
hot (black) to one of the switch terminals
neutral (white) to the neutral of the load (heating element)
3) the remaining wire form the load goes into the other terminal for the switch.

(honestly, this all makes sense in my head)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom