INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I hold her yet?!?! Ugh!
barnie.gif

You will need a couple of short pieces of wire and some wire nuts. Also a small slot-type (regular) screw driver to loosen and tighten the terminal screws. I think maybe a small phillips also for removing the back plate. You may also want a good sizes outlet box or "project box" to mount it all in. I have one the is direct wired, and another one I wired to control a standard electrical outlet. The box is optional, and can be added later, after you have it all working.

Read the wiring diagram on the back and if you can't figure it out, let me know.
1) Both input wire (from the cord you will plug into the power outlet) need "pigtails" with a wirenut to split it in 2, one of each to the power inputs on the back of the STC.
2) The other wires from the pigtail go:
hot (black) to one of the switch terminals
neutral (white) to the neutral of the load (heating element)
3) the remaining wire form the load goes into the other terminal for the switch.

(honestly, this all makes sense in my head)

Maybe this is a stupid question and it probably is because I don't have the thing right in front of me. How does this unit control the temps?

• Egg defects and CORRECTIVE steps, several pages filled with detailed information Click HERE
  • Optimum Egg Quality from your Flock: click HERE
  • Abstract DIPPING EGGS IN VITAMIN C AND COOLING EGGS DURING INCUBATION PERIOD post #33828
  • 13904_gradingprocess_image1.jpg

Thanks

Got anything on quail eggs?

comparing-eggs.png
fig10-01.jpg
label2.jpg

DSCN5642.jpg

I came up with an idea for my Quail eggs. I was tired of buying egg turners ($39.99) and then have to buy the Quail rails (additional $14.99) not including shipping if needed! So I am making my own! Lets just say my way does 150 in the same area as just the Quail rails! Figure in the frame for the store bought and I could add another 25 making a total of 175ct egg turner for about 1/4 of the price!!!

Items used for build:
1 length (10') of 3/4" PVC schedule 40 ($2.25) Not all was used
1 Replacement egg turner motor ($9.99 HERE) I am sure you can find it cheaper on ebay
Some type of glue

You take a dash of these

and a pinch of this

and you get this (150ct capacity)

It can be made larger if needed! }:)

QUAIL SPECIES COMPLETE http://www.gbwf.org/quail/index.html

QUAIL BREEDING INCUBATION http://www.quailfarm.co.uk/index.php/quail-info/quail-breeding

Hatching Quail Eggs https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-quail-eggs-and-brooding-quail-chicks

Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore click here

Effect of relative humidity on incubation of Japanese quail eggs click here

Last edited:
So I came across this thing yesterday. The one I had intended to use was about half this ones size. So Baby Blue it is. Waiting on my thermostat and fans before I start cutting it up though. From what I calculated, this one is 60 quarts.

How cold can an egg get before it becomes infertile? The temp outside is absolute frigid! I'm checking often... but still curious.

So I came across this thing yesterday. The one I had intended to use was about half this ones size. So Baby Blue it is. Waiting on my thermostat and fans before I start cutting it up though. From what I calculated, this one is 60 quarts.

Following!
caf.gif

Quote: yes I am freezing today despite it being 74 in here!!

caf.gif
Good Morning Everyone!

Good Morning!!!!
hugs.gif
whatcha up to today?
Quote: I know, I would love to! I only have 7 chicks in the basement growing out a bit before heading outside, our keepers.
I didn't know there was two stages of pipping, thanks for sharing that. I also have a somewhat stupid question but I haven't seen the answer to it on here, maybe I'm not looking hard enough but does it matter what direction the air cell is located when it pips? Like should it be ontop, instead of on the bottom? I faced all my eggs up so the air cell is on the top of the egg in the incubator. I just wasn't sure about that part.

I also have a little giant still air incubator and thanks for the link to that info. I found it once but lost it and was trying to look it up last night.

And here's my little paint Silkie.

awwwwww!!! a paint!! congrats!!
clap.gif
love.gif
I seen already that chaos sent you the info on pipping. its pretty cool how they hatch and how much time they take!

At 8:32, Dolly Parton was born. I can't stop crying like an idiot.
The one pip I saw still isn't here.

awwww MC!!! yer a momma!!

Morning, everyone. I'm out of ovations, so thank you to those who have expressed regrets abbot the chick I euthanized. It was sad, but it was ok, needed to be done.

Quote:
exactly but it doesnt take AS long for some reason, dont ask me why! so you cant technically figure in both times, you have to really watch the membrane and what the others are doing, that gives you a good inclinations of when its due to come. again if they are alive most times they get out like that! you had big wet goopy chicks, thats not good and prol takes even longer because of all the liquids and size of chick.

Quote: Mine are not moving CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom