INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a duckpin man; shorter pins, same ball, I think; never tried candlepins...don't have them here. Tried tenpins for a short while, but never could put any action on the ball; could hear the holes hit the lane on every revolution.

Duckpin bowling is a dying sport. Parts for the pin setters aren't made anymore, so they're pretty much all from other houses that have closed their doors. The sport originated in Baltimore, I believe (there's a picture of Babe Ruth in a Baltimore alley), and spread up into New England in its heyday, but was essentially confined to the northern half of the East coast. Used to be 3 or 4 duckpin houses in this area; I bowl in the only one left
Last time I went Candlepin bowling was in Boston, back in the 70's. But I googled it the other day and found a Candlepin alley not too far from me. I was going to go check it out soon! I'll have to look at Duckpin. It's too bad so many things that we grew up on are disappearing.

Things like Drive in's. All the ones I used to go to are gone. But, I started out on a road trip up north last week. We had a destination of Santa Cruz, but had 4 days to play around with. We got about 150 miles and found one! They were playing a movie we wanted to see, so we stopped for the night. It was so much fun that we think we'll make it a regular trip. There are closer drive ins, but this was in a nice area and it's a fun drive.

I hope you have a great night bowling! Have fun!

78 and counting...

Quote: yes he is or WAS, he is now finishing up his lineman training he is a monkey I have other videos but didnt upload of him swinging on those ropes jumping from area to area and swing jumping drove me insane but I couldnt stop watching him.

Muscovy Eggs are cleaned and cuticle scrubbed off with a kitchen scrubby, in bleach solution dried all day and ready to set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom