INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have eggs piping and we haven't lost one yet. This is so awesome.

They are silver lace Wyondots (sp) and Buff Orpington. We also have a couple of Australorp. We just gathered the eggs and put them in

Last time I went Candlepin bowling was in Boston, back in the 70's.  But I googled it the other day and found a Candlepin alley not too far from me.  I was going to go check it out soon!  I'll have to look at Duckpin.  It's too bad so many things that we grew up on are disappearing.   

Things like Drive in's.  All the ones I used to go to are gone.  But, I started out on a road trip up north last week.  We had a destination of Santa Cruz, but had 4 days to play around with.  We got about 150 miles and found one!  They were playing a movie we wanted to see, so we stopped for the night.  It was so much fun that we think we'll make it a regular trip.  There are closer drive ins, but this was in a nice area and it's a fun drive.  

I hope you have a great night bowling!  Have fun!

We still have an active drive in with concession stand in our little town! Add it to your list of places to visit!! Graham, TX
1f604.png

Good morning all,

Ok all you hatchaholics and hatch experts, I am picking up hatching eggs on Thursday. Couple of questions, after bringing them home, should I let them sit for a day or so, or should I set them right away? I ask cause last year we incubated directly from our flock. Just wasn't sure if the eggs should get acclimated to our house etc before tossing them in the bator.

I guess I only had one questions...for now.
big_smile.png
set them when at room temp!

@Sally Sunshine I have an update
1 of 2 goose eggs have hatched and other is pipped.
7 quail chicks and I have 8 others in lockdown that havent showed any pips.
awwwww pictures!!!!

Quote: yes

Quote: @ChickenCanoe
hmm.png

Well it's day 21 and no pips yet should I be worried my last hatch they were hatching on day 19-20 and finishing on day 21
not sure, you positive temps were on spot?

[@=/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine]@Sally Sunshine[/@] I have an update 1 of 2 goose eggs have hatched and other is pipped. 7 quail chicks and I have 8 others in lockdown that havent showed any pips.
awwwww pictures!!!!
[@=/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine]@Sally Sunshine[/@] I have an update 1 of 2 goose eggs have hatched and other is pipped. 7 quail chicks and I have 8 others in lockdown that havent showed any pips.
We need pictures as proof :old
yes I will have to get on a desktop or laptop to do it my tablet wont upload images.
Wondered where you'd gotten off to. Glad you're on the mend.
Thanks, feeling a little stronger.
How do you all get chicks to pose. Insane penedesencas would never stand for that. [COLOR=FF0000] Torture! Learned to hold them down, white faced spanish were boogers! lol[/COLOR] [CONTENTEMBED=/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends/66410#post_16660369 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]
one of the older sons came yesterday, took two trees down for me but the littles were home to help with clean up!
Can you send him this way, I'm not fond of climbing at my age and I sold my bucket truck. [COLOR=FF0000]I am Certain you could get him and his Wife for a visit with a bit of fishing or paddling teasing on the end of it! They love to travel! Barter is good![/COLOR]
I am off to wash scovy eggs and then take a shower and get ready!! Have a great day yall :frow
How do you wash those dirty eggs? I hatched some Canadian eggs that were worse than that. [COLOR=FF0000]I only washed because I decided to remove the cuticle despite what everyone says, just cause I wanted to see how it effects them as they are local and I can get more![/COLOR]
Oh ok, well good to know that I am not the only newbie here. I thought it was a thread full of hatchers that do this all the time. Although, given the pace of the thread, it's no wonder that I might have gotten it wrong. Anyway, I really enjoy bringing life into the world and seeing them grow up and develop. I don't like the what if's that could go wrong, a lot of pressure and I hate feeling responsible for deaths. Last year was my first hatch and I definitely have a different game plan this time. I tried more of a dry hatch low humidity at the beginning and then bumped up near lockdown. I had 16 hatch, one died the next day. I know I opened the bator too much, especially during candling and trying to adjust the humidity. After reading this thread, I have figured out how to adjust the humidity without opening the bator, with the tubing and cleat in the side of the bator. Are you a person that candles? If so what days do you candle, I know everyone does it different. Thanks
I think it is mostly first or second timers on this thread than long time hatchers. So you fit right in. Most just [COLOR=000000]glommed[/COLOR] on because of Sally. [COLOR=FF0000]not sure how to take that statement [/COLOR] I'm pretty much a hands off person. I rarely candle. Perhaps once or twice. But my eggs are very difficult to see into so not much to see - mostly just look to try and find an air pocket and look for clears. I weigh to test humidity. 0.16% weight loss per day with good humidity.
@ChickenCanoe :/
Well it's day 21 and no pips yet should I be worried my last hatch they were hatching on day 19-20 and finishing on day 21
not sure, you positive temps were on spot? [/quote]

This thread moves so fast.
@Peep-Chicken HEY!!!!!! Missed you!! what are you up to?
hugs.gif

Quote:
goodpost.gif
ALL good posts thank you paddler

Howdy just got back from doctors and voting.....what's up today?
hugs.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif

Checking at day 4 ish I'm not seeing any veins yet. This is a new pairing so they might not be fertile yet, I looked at a yoke and thought it was fertile but not certain.

So My question I was going for a dry hatch and wasn't paying attention to humitiy and it was down to about 5-11% for the first couple days. When my brain registered it I added water and got up to 30%+. That short a time shouldn't bother the eggs right??
That is fine I will do a day four candle post in a few minutes, computer keeps locking up!

My broody has four eggs.

YAYAY
About 30 eggs are locked down (though no idea if the BCMs are even developing as some are super super dark).
Actually there is an external pip in a dwarf olansk. That egg is super tiny and is probably a good 24 hours ahead of the LF eggs.
Well off to work, not expecting too much till tomorrow.
#stillexcitingafteralltheseyears
fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom