INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have eggs piping and we haven't lost one yet. This is so awesome.

They are silver lace Wyondots (sp) and Buff Orpington. We also have a couple of Australorp. We just gathered the eggs and put them in
Sweet!!!! @politicalcenter added you to our hatchers list! so when are they due and how many did you set? you have pics?

Quote: notes taken! lol

Ms,SALLY SUNSHINE,I didn't know u had muscovys.

I dont a friend does lol
That quote didnt work how I wanted it to.
they never do!

OK, threw out the bad thermometers and now set 14 eggs... One read 2 degrees too high. So when it really read 100 the real temp was 98... Threw that one out .... It is amazingly hotter in there or some reason... LOL 21 days until I see how they do...
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote: Couldn't that be a gene from the Marans?

Pressure is on now. I'd like to finish the new incubator by the end of the week. I'm kind of starting over. I found flaws and need to improve upon them before I start it up.

The three eggs in the MacGyverbator are still there but only one looks good.

I am hoping my new batch of eggs arrive Friday. My chickens are finally kicking back into gear now that spring has arrived.

I'm wondering how I'll do it all...
Take your time and do it right...there is nothing worse than being mid hatch and having to make adjustments...been there/done that. It'll give you an ulcer, lol!
th.gif

Sold all of this weeks hatch in less than an hour after posting them for sale (30 mutts). I was tempted to keep a few but I stuck to my plan of clearing the brooders to make way for some Easter chicks. And gave myself a mini heart attack because I counted how many chickens I have left, 60
hide.gif
. Ah well that number will change again soon, if I find no clears tomorrow 88 will go in the hatcher
fl.gif
Oh, Lord...I'm praying I can sell most of my hatch when the time comes. I sold my big brooders so time will be of the essence. Then I'm also competing with the feed stores.
fl.gif

Day nine candling of quail eggs.. Looks like three are clears... The others have veining but it so hard to see and I can't see the aircells or maybe they are on the wrong end or something.. One looked like a blood ring... But because I am so inexperienced in quail, I put them all back into the bator... They are seriously stressing me out!!! Doesn't help I have a houseful of flu ridden family... I hope they hatch....
oh I hope they start feeling better!!! and the eggs do well!!

Quote: HEY

Pressure is on now. I'd like to finish the new incubator by the end of the week. I'm kind of starting over. I found flaws and need to improve upon them before I start it up.

The three eggs in the MacGyverbator are still there but only one looks good.

I am hoping my new batch of eggs arrive Friday. My chickens are finally kicking back into gear now that spring has arrived.

I'm wondering how I'll do it all...

ya.gif

Quote: yes incubating geese no dont have scovy a friends, and the ancona are friends

Sold all of this weeks hatch in less than an hour after posting them for sale (30 mutts). I was tempted to keep a few but I stuck to my plan of clearing the brooders to make way for some Easter chicks. And gave myself a mini heart attack because I counted how many chickens I have left, 60
hide.gif
. Ah well that number will change again soon, if I find no clears tomorrow 88 will go in the hatcher
fl.gif
SWEETNESS!!!

The teenager stomps and yells for his girlfriend... Little does he know I have her grandpa in on it and she can't boil water....

I remember when my mom broke us in. She took me and my two younger brothers to the kitchen and coached us through making macaroni and cheese from a box. Showed us how to brown hamburger and add it to it. Then she told us that from now on she would not be cooking three different dinners. Two of us had to agree on something and the third could make his own dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom