INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure...it's a plug-in, purchased through Amazon. Their ad didn't specify the lumens. With shipping ( PRIME not possible, for some reason) it was $35 +/-

?

This it?
It didn't specify the lumens in product description, but the company's reply to a customer question about lumens was 250.

Thanks - he's a nut job, but he's very sweet. And very lonely.
gig.gif

I'm impressed - I never could write. Not creative enough...
hmm.png

Me, too!!!!!! Of course, remembering that COFFEE SAVES CHICKS' LIVES, I am finishing my coffee before doing so. I'm also going to wear this:

Great big heavy duty tarp over welded wire.
thumbsup.gif

...And didn't ask her if she had room in her 'bator...
barnie.gif

Are there any photos of the eggs themselves? Pweeeeeeze?

Aw, Sally, do you have a headache this morning? I sort of do as well. Coffee is medication this morning - and I don't think a cup of coffee has EVER tasted as good as this one!!!!

I really need to go get to work - it's a beautiful day, and I've got a tractor coop to finish.

- Ant Farm
It occurs to me that any guy who needs written instructions on how to pick up chicks is doomed to failure from the get-go
tongue.png
Still a cute shirt, though.

Thanks - he's a nut job, but he's very sweet. And very lonely.
gig.gif

I'm impressed - I never could write. Not creative enough...
hmm.png

Me, too!!!!!! Of course, remembering that COFFEE SAVES CHICKS' LIVES, I am finishing my coffee before doing so. I'm also going to wear this:

Great big heavy duty tarp over welded wire.
thumbsup.gif

...And didn't ask her if she had room in her 'bator...
barnie.gif

Are there any photos of the eggs themselves? Pweeeeeeze?

Aw, Sally, do you have a headache this morning? I sort of do as well. Coffee is medication this morning - and I don't think a cup of coffee has EVER tasted as good as this one!!!!

I really need to go get to work - it's a beautiful day, and I've got a tractor coop to finish.

- Ant Farm

Here ya go!

I took off the bolts, and I tried to hammer it through. It is through a good piece of 2 x 4, and I don't want to ruin the 2x4s.
All I can think is to clear away as much of the yucky wood as you can - that would likely give you the best shot at seeing if and how you can rescue the good piece (or allow you to trim away as little as possible...)

hu.gif

What did you end up getting, breed-wise?

I resemble that remark...:oops:

No idea without a photo, but in TSC (Chick Days!), all the blondish chicks have been red sex links, I think...

I am fortunate to have good health insurance through my employer. They keep bugging me by mail to stop getting my prescriptions at my drug store - rather, they want me to get them by mail. "It's so much easier." The other day they actually CALLED me! (Which really ticks me off - I have to answer unknown numbers because my cell phone is listed instead of a pager for the hospital operator). They called during work, and I was expecting to handle a patient issue. I told them that NO, I did NOT want to get my prescriptions via mail, that I wanted to keep using Walgreens, and by the way, I WORK FOR A LIVING and to never call my cell phone again...:rant

(I'm a generally easy going person, but I do NOT like being cold called.:mad: )

[COLOR=0000FF]BLOOIE!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

My older chicks, who have ZERO need for heat any more (between age and the temps here), as still enjoying snuggling with their "Mama" off and on throughout the day (and sometimes evenings). Now I gotta find someone to buy my Ecoglows - never using those again! :rolleyes:

Don't give up - and DO NOT read back. You don't have to keep up if you can't. Sally and the other more experienced folks are really good about repeating or linking back to important hatching info posts.... Chatty thread, but good hatching stuff here, too! So glad you're here!!!:hugs

It's the stress-free tractor design - I bought it here, worth every penny (and I also felt it was important to support this guy). Got turned on to it by JessicaThistle over on the first time meatie thread:

http://farmmarketingsolutions.com/stress-free-chicken-tractor-plans/

Note that there are two small errors in the cut list (if you buy the plans, let me know and I'll save you the pain...)

Originally designed to raise meat chicks (just sleeping on the ground, etc.), but has worked nicely as a growout coop (I just parked it). My modifications are turning it into a more "permanent" coop structure for growouts and breeding, or small family groups. I raised my current Naked Necks in the first one I built, no real structures inside, and although I gave them short roosts, they preferred to sleep in a pile in the bedding. They are fine and healthy, but they never learned to "go up" into a coop or roost. They are fully grown, BIG birds that still sleep in a big pig pile on the run floor every night like children, despite me building a VERY nice henhouse with roosts for them. (I tried to relocate them MANY times.) I'll never make that mistake again - all growouts will be given the options to roost in a raised area from now on.

OMG, I love this!!!! :gig

OK, I'm caught up, and it's late, so I really have to go to bed. Lots to do tomorrow!!!!!

- Ant Farm 

I've seen that one before, and have been thinking about buying it for a while. I probably wil, but what were the measurements that were wrong? I want to make sure I don't forget and mess it up!

bow.gif
Thank you!!! I tried building a coolerbator using a wafer thermostat. I had everything hooked up correctly - DH checked- but it kept shorting out and it was the thermostat. I just gave up and got an incubator since I have a dozen hatching eggs and no way to get a thermostat locally!

Thank you for your posting the page about thermostats. I just may get the coolerbator to work eventually!

frow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom