INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do silkie cross eggs hatch on day 18 or day 21? I'm trying to figure out when to set my eggs so that they will all hatch on the same day.

“Selfies with Fowl”

Photo Contest

"Springing in the Chicks"

2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

gSF-x7p6ySwNkNlDm7sE5RFBKZyAa4E_NbVrjvZeJ8apLO6_JDjPrZocbCDNAbhQb9koVijaDSDSgWP5lwY0pqX-19Skc4PMnE2kOlNglgcRd9ScB6fbRF_Cjikg6Frx1ogryBjw

We want to see how creative you are taking 'selfies' of yourself and your Fowl Friends! The requirements? You have to be in the photo and it has to be one you took yourself (but if others are in the photo with you and you have their permission to enter it, that's okay too!)

CREATIVE, FUNNY AND UNIQUE PHOTOS ARE ENCOURAGED;

SELFIE STICKS MAY BE USED!

3 Picture entries per contestant

To submit your entries, follow rules below and post your photos in this thread!

HAL Participants ONLY!

Continental U.S. ONLY (Not Alaska or Hawaii)

1 st Prize

12+ Silkie Hatching Eggs!

Donated by, Jessimom
hiT5niIYobNHvnUeIo5W15g_FwUfL-4AxjIhWPflWKJKQni0NLs8AjaCD26JJ4qCia4QC3eKbXMh2tT2BtpsD6Xc_VAItbAK8P8SDhBRE_FvjnI9vtd_3goFPA3J_c4bhHeQQVjv

EVm4NPAkSYpFO89WiNiDtjZ0SGpRYKyiZI0363NA5UtEQslwNvOIZE7An5cbEADdu7--BcGxpDt7EvY_Jt8BcszquWjSmPZt7datab9ADGm1-IIIuSaDbBdwjhqqQdfMnyeIM7Rm
2 nd Prize

Chicken Shaped Silver Tone Wire Egg Collecting Basket

11.4" x 7.1" x 9.8" (eggs NOT included)​
Donated by, Sally Sunshine

BdeUGT_iIXeMER-HY6QfvmM4b632gMD7Uf1QHPWHehKv216ZyZdz5m-vu8W9UbZmimtdn-VOh7IC_T_7kMru_3yaEV7Vf_2hhcN4j8UMh4TB2r3lkcY3btWIXx_sdnFPMDHWgre-
gu4Unckh5I6m4WkGrut6SBUEbuzoqIm7xBWgZysIOr4Zgl9F3sOqolp5S1PHDkrcCR8odZZTiwkIsl4dbdilMqN49Lvq3fUmEMCoMzvhEXEFwgpkFD82PnFoPHxGi-d19LBGx9HM
Hey I have that basket!
1f601.png
Not able to join but here's a fun self ie anyway.
Lady didn't enjoy being picked up. I'm still around, just busy. Birds got their yearly louse and mite dip, made sure to really wash off their muddy feet. Our ornamental grass was cut and spread in the run to reduce mud further. Egg production is way up, six eggs a day. Garden is growing. All's good on the homestead.
263a.png

Do silkie cross eggs hatch on day 18 or day 21? I'm trying to figure out when to set my eggs so that they will all hatch on the same day.
day 20 is when my silks h

Hippie!!! There you are!!!! AWESOMEPHOTO your both beautiful! your a bit more so than Lady though, just sayin
lau.gif
me thinks Lady wanted to eat your necklace!!

Last edited:
MAKE DANG sure that LAMP aint gonna unclamp or fall in there and start a fire ch

Look at how I did my brooder lamps, I bent wire over the one end so its plenty sturdy and the lamp sits on without a chance of falling in that box!

900x900px-LL-7925225e_20151026_091028.jpeg

Ch, this is SO IMPORTANT! I CANOT Stress this enough, today I was watching Tv on the couch and smelled a smoking smell, I went around the house trying to figure out the smell, I Finally went out to the garage and when I opened the door TONS of smoke and If I was 5 min. Off I would have burned down the garage and possibly the house, Killing not only my fair turkeys, one of my seramas! I was SO lucky, All of them are fine, one turkey has a small burn on its foot, It could have been a lot worse

Ch, this is SO IMPORTANT! I CANOT Stress this enough, today I was watching Tv on the couch and smelled a smoking smell, I went around the house trying to figure out the smell, I Finally went out to the garage and when I opened the door TONS of smoke and If I was 5 min. Off I would have burned down the garage and possibly the house, Killing not only my fair turkeys, one of my seramas! I was SO lucky, All of them are fine, one turkey has a small burn on its foot, It could have been a lot worse

Oh my goodness!!! So glad they were OK....
hugs.gif

Another member @TJordan had a heat lamp fall down in the coop today and kill the entire valentine's day hatch.... All burned to death. Reading stories like these is what made me use a heating pad. Look again CH... You can find something for a frame for the heating pad! I would use paper tower tubes and rope if I were you, be creative!
-
Banti

So I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm going to ask this here, I recently got 3 chicks and they are about 4 weeks old and supposed to be vaccinated for coccidiosis and mareks but one of them, a blue andalusion who is for now white, who I have named Paisley, has been acting odd. Like when the other 2 are playing and stuff she will kind of just stand there. I'm not sure if she is just sleepy or sick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh my goodness!!! So glad they were OK....
hugs.gif

Another member @TJordan had a heat lamp fall down in the coop today and kill the entire valentine's day hatch.... All burned to death. Reading stories like these is what made me use a heating pad. Look again CH... You can find something for a frame for the heating pad! I would use paper tower tubes and rope if I were you, be creative!
-
Banti

I usually use a heat plate, I have the brinsea one, I really like it, I don't trust the turkey to use it, let alone all fit under it, So I have a heat lamp, I am so so so glad nothing happened other than the burn, but the turkey doesn't even limp, so I will just keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't get infected!

I was at local Blue Seal a couple of weeks ago, and was told that a woman in the area was killed, along with her house burning down from a heat lamp over chicks in her house. All the more reason to brood outdoors, and to use a heat lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom