INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short on time, but wanted to pop in and give a quick update on my refrigerbator. The 3 thermometers and Willhi WH1436 thermostat arrived in the mail this afternoon. All three of the thermometers were spot on compared to a previously calibrated one. I set up the thermostat and let the bator run all evening. I tried the .1F range, but the lights cycled too much, so I bumped it up to .2F which gave much better results... although the temp drops .3F before cycling back on. When it cycles on, the two 60W Halogen bulbs burn for 17 seconds, then turn off for 50 seconds. Not too shabby in my opinion.

Target temp reached, thermostat is off:

Low range temp. Thermostat cycles on and displays "WORKING":

I ordered a 120mm, 69CFM, 19dB-A because I'm not getting adequate flow through the bator. There's a 1F difference between the top and lower rack, and the egg turners aren't even installed. The turners are supposed to come Saturday, but the new fan won't be here until next week. I'm getting there... slowly but surely.

Last edited:
Whoa!  Hold on a cotton pickin' minute here!  20 minutes ago you were saying the neighbor might not appreciate you getting a duck or 6.
Now, here you are saying your neighbor may have furtel duck eggs!  Does not compute!

Sorry... 1 of my neighbors likes & has ducks, (henceforth neighbor #1) the other, (#2) ummm... Doesn't appreciate loud noises. So just not calls.... ;)
-Banti

Last edited:
Short on time, but wanted to pop in and give a quick update on my refrigerbator. The 3 thermometers and Willhi WH1436 thermostat arrived in the mail this afternoon. All three of the thermometers were spot on compared to a previously calibrated one. I set up the thermostat and let the bator run all evening. I tried the .1F range, but the lights cycled too much, so I bumped it up to .2F which gave much better results... although the temp drops .3F before cycling back on. When it cycles on, the two 60W Halogen bulbs burn for 17 seconds, then turn off for 50 seconds. Not too shabby in my opinion.

Target temp reached, thermostat is off:

Low range temp. Thermostat cycles on and displays "WORKING":

I ordered a 120mm, 69CFM, 19dB-A because I'm not getting adequate flow through the bator. There's a 1F difference between the top and lower rack, and the egg turners aren't even installed. The turners are supposed to come Saturday, but the new fan won't be here until next week. I'm getting there... slowly but surely.
Sounds good. Too bad you weren't here 20 minutes ago...we needed you to help us gang up on Bubbles

Sounds good. Too bad you weren't here 20 minutes ago...we needed you to help us gang up on Bubbles
Thanks whites, but why were you all ganging up on Bubbles? She seems to be playing nice talking about the cute widdle duckies and stuff...
idunno.gif

Whoa!  Hold on a cotton pickin' minute here!  20 minutes ago you were saying the neighbor might not appreciate you getting a duck or 6.
Now, here you are saying your neighbor may have furtel duck eggs!  Does not compute!

Sorry... 1 of my neighbors likes & has ducks, (henceforth neighbor #1) the other, (#2) ummm... Doesn't appreciate loud noises. So just not calls.... ;)
-Banti

Muscovy's are the quitest duck breed, you could have tons and no one would ever know.

Thanks whites, but why were you all ganging up on Bubbles? She seems to be playing nice talking about the cute widdle duckies and stuff...
:idunno

:thumbsup

Simple...get so many ducks that #2 moves away!  How easy can it get?  :gig

Well, they are nice people.... And for the same reason I won't shoot those dogs, it is not how I do things... ;)

Muscovy's are the quitest duck breed, you could have tons and no one would ever know.

Hmm.... You may have a point there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom