INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a temporary brooder for out in the coop. I warned the DH I was raiding his garage today if he didn't finish the coop renovations this last weekend.

Is it bad to candle every day because it's so hard not to so I want to know if I can

REASONS to NOT candle SO MUCH! http://blog.mypetchicken.com/2013/03/31/5-reasons-why-egg-candling/
We have 5 eggs in the incubator still. No pips on any of them. We will wait and see.

There was a 6th egg that had piped, and it started to zip along. I left it alone to do it's thing and I got some chores done. I came back to check about 30 min later and it had made no more progress so I decided to assist.

As soon as I picked up the egg, I knew the little chick was dead
sad.png

It looked like it somehow got its head tucked back the wrong way and it suffocated. I had to manipulate it to find the beak. I am so sad!
I wish I would have helped sooner!!!!

But, I am very thankful for the 15 healthy chicks we have and still have hope for the other eggs.
hugs.gif
so happy for the 15 congrats!!!

I put eggs in the incubator last Monday but I am thinking most of them wont be fertile. I am going candle them tomorrow. Have never done that yet but am reading all the info on this forum. Great info. You all are so helpful
GOOD LUCK with candle!!!!

Quote:
clap.gif
lau.gif

Woohoo a new week baby chicks will be hatching at the end of this week! 2 days until lockdown 5 days until store inventory and 6 days until a day off gotta be to work 6.5 hours night night!!!!!
fl.gif

Soooooo all six of the Ayam Cemani chicks are in the air cells!!! And one was cheeping so I watched it roll around and then it suddenly pipped! I'm so excited for this! This is technically day 20, but in ten minutes it's day 21!

No helping. No helping. I need to ignore it as much as possible
YAYYAYYAYYAYAY Good Luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

And my farm innovators incubator will NOT stabilize. I've been trying all day, and it changes from 90 to 108. I gave up and I'm just going to hatch the chicks with the other eggs unless I can figure out how to stabilize it
oh noooo

So not much was going on under the broody. So I candled. She has 4 internal pips and the 2 that hadn't internally pipped were wiggling around. I might have a 100 percent fertility hatch under the broody! The 3 little ones that already hatched are starting to eat and come out from under the hen!
Congratulations!! Go chickies go!! You should have little chickies soon!!

With my broodies....I went to bring the 3 oldest chicks inside - these have hatched the last 3 days - I was just going to leave the baby that hatched this morning with the moms and 1 egg. But, when I lifted the hen, the last egg had JUST hatched! Whoo Hoo. I think the broody hens are WAY Better at hatching than I am. So, there are 2 young babies and zero eggs out there now.

Since all their eggs hatched, can I sneak a couple of the easter HAL eggs under there to see if they will hatch those? Or, will these two hens want to rejoin the flock as soon as the 2 babies that I left in there are ready to join the rest of the flock? They have both fought over the eggs and now they keep trying to steal the babies from each other.

Sorry, I know you are being good. I think they are cute, but learning how LOUD and messy they are, I don't want any. I live near a lake that I can go visit the ducks any time I want. I may not get my little duckie fix that way, but I"ll have to make due!! Good luck with staying strong!!!!!!!
hugs.gif
Now there ya go; undermining all the work Chaos & I put in over the span of 2 days, trying to break down her defenses
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom