INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a slick idea! I'm pretty sure it was one of the new folks that have come in lately, but I can't swear to that.
I don't know who created the video I posted - the one I had followed was a little clearer, I had searched (in my last hatch) for a way to fix spraddle leg in silkies. I didn't want to stick band-aids or electrical tape on feathered legs. This process looked awesome. I didn't have any rubber bands at the time, and my chick had WAY more problems than spraddle leg, so I culled it.

This chick is active and healthy, so I bought some rubber bands and gave it a try! I'll let you know how it actually works out!

Hi, Jack
Something just hit me
You mentioned having bought another Hov-A-Bator a while back
Did you get a turner with it, with quail rails?

I got the 1588 Genesis Combo

Comes with Universal rails...

Quail eggs fit 1 per cup

So I love having my quail rails a nice gentleman sent me!

It's so hard to not set 120 quail eggs right now!!!
BUT I am only incubating the largest eggs right now, to bulk up size.

I did not see that post.  I hope they see this one!!

What I used was a drinking straw and a small rubber band.  I cut a piece of the drinking straw to the size I wanted between the chicks legs.  Then I fed the rubber band through the straw.  I hooked the rubber band to each leg with the straw in between.  It took 2 people.  I don't think I could have done it by myself.  I'll try to track down someone to help me with a photo.

But here's a video of what I did:

I put the chick into a tupperware container, then walked away for 2 minutes, came back and the chick had escaped the container.  

And the buggers names Houdini, no?
:lau

It looks like a small chunk got taken out of the EE's beak. She will not be quiet! :/

What should I do? It is not bleeding actively. Sorry, I can't get the camera to pick it up well....

Last edited:
I got the 1588 Genesis Combo

Comes with Universal rails...

Quail eggs fit 1 per cup

So I love having my quail rails a nice gentleman sent me!

It's so hard to not set 120 quail eggs right now!!!
BUT I am only incubating the largest eggs right now, to bulk up size.
Well that sucks...my turner came with chicken rails and quail rails

And the buggers names Houdini, no?
lau.gif
Yes, we did!!! She is quite capable with this contraption on her.

Good news is, there are 3 that all look alike. I picked them up 1 at a time, and #3 was the winner. She still has my hobbling stuff on, but is walking like the others, standing up. I couldn't tell, from the top, which was the wobbly one.

Banti - I can't tell from the photo - Like Local said. If it's not bleeding much, I would probably just make sure the other chicks aren't picking at it, and leave it alone. Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom