INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we did!!!  She is quite capable with this contraption on her.  

Good news is, there are 3 that all look alike.  I picked them up 1 at a time, and #3 was the winner.  She still has my hobbling stuff on, but is walking like the others, standing up.  I couldn't tell, from the top, which was the wobbly one.  

Banti - I can't tell from the photo - Like Local said.  If it's not bleeding much, I would probably just make sure the other chicks aren't picking at it, and leave it alone.  Good luck!!!

Thanks!

It looks like a small chunk got taken out of the EE's beak. She will not be quiet!
hmm.png

What should I do? It is not bleeding actively. Sorry, I can't get the camera to pick it up well....

Upper or lower? Probably a bit easier to eat if it's the upper; she will learn to use the lower like a shovel to "scoop" her feed up. FWIW, Having come from a hatchery, via a feed store, my birds all came with shortened beaks, to prevent cannibalism & injuring other chicks, I assume. I thought their beaks had been cauterized, but now I believe they were just nipped off; their beaks have grown back to normal in the year I've had them. I'd think your's may do likewise.

Upper or lower? Probably a bit easier to eat if it's the upper; she will learn to use the lower like a shovel to "scoop" her feed up. FWIW, Having come from a hatchery, via a feed store, my birds all came with shortened beaks, to prevent cannibalism & injuring other chicks, I assume. I thought their beaks had been cauterized, but now I believe they were just nipped off; their beaks have grown back to normal in the year I've had them. I'd think your's may do likewise.
goodpost.gif

Upper, it isn't the tip... Again, sorry for the horrid pics, it is more near the nose and like a teeny trench along the top of the beak.

Yes, we did!!!  She is quite capable with this contraption on her.  

Good news is, there are 3 that all look alike.  I picked them up 1 at a time, and #3 was the winner.  She still has my hobbling stuff on, but is walking like the others, standing up.  I couldn't tell, from the top, which was the wobbly one.  

Banti - I can't tell from the photo - Like Local said.  If it's not bleeding much, I would probably just make sure the other chicks aren't picking at it, and leave it alone.  Good luck!!!

:lau :lau :lau

Theys doin them universal turners to be cheap.....

I also feel the newer units styro foam is not of as good quality as my old 2362n...

Seems to not take very much.......

I know it's styro. The Styro is of lower quality now tho, IMO
x2 I like your double viewing window though, if that's the new one.

4 pips when I went to bed, this morning 1 zipped and was beginning to kick out went out cleaned 3 brooders fed and watered all the babies then fed and watered the main chicken coop miss broody still sitting on eggs day 6 for her, second chicken pen watered and fed meat birds made coffee and breakfast sat back down two chicks out of shell one kicking out and one zipping.... Headed back outside for putting up roosting bars in third chicken pen cleaning out the big chicken coop then working in the garden ... We sold 5 one year old barred rocks yesterday!!! Extra 100 bucks for feed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom