INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!!! My first attempt at incubating and I've got two out of 15 chicken eggs that have externally pipped.
1f60a.png

I also have 3 goose eggs growing beautifully.

Last edited:
Hi
I am new to backyard chickens
And i am incubating my FIRST bach of duck eggs ever!!!!!

Only one is pipped so far and it is pushing the open flap to try to get out!!

Do u know how much longer it will take for it to hatch?

Ps his/her name is Trouble

I already have ducks...so the eggs are free....
That is reasonable.....

I thought cute was a perfectly good answer?
lau.gif
Ahhhh....they are really cute, but look at Chaos18's answer below.....still want them?
Yes they are messy. I just cleaned both brooders out and 2 ducks make just as much mess as 25 chicks
lol.png
No clue if the eggs are better or easier to sell. I believe some people who may be allergic to chicken eggs are able to eat duck eggs. I'll raise mine with the same dual-purpose as the chickens. My SIL is allergic to chicken eggs so we are hoping to see of she can eat healthy free range duck eggs.
That would really suck being allergic to chicken eggs....what ISN'T made with eggs... That is pretty nice of you to go through the trouble of finding out!

Ducklings are cute, then just when you have had enough of their mess, they are tasty.
lau.gif
Awwww...that is SO wrong, but funny!!!!!

Do eggs hatch better in cartons or on their side?
I think it depends on the air cells. Some shipped eggs, with bad air cellls hatch better upright. Otherwise, eggs are laying down under a hen, so I think it looks easier for them lying down. When I've hatched in a carton, they have a harder time pushing the egg apart to come out. It just looks awkward to me.

That is reasonable.....

Ahhhh....they are really cute, but look at Chaos18's answer below.....still want them?
That would really suck being allergic to chicken eggs....what ISN'T made with eggs... That is pretty nice of you to go through the trouble of finding out!

Awwww...that is SO wrong, but funny!!!!!

I had 'lings before.... Yes, I know.... ;)

But I STILL WANTS THEM! :love

Ya, someone I know is moderately sensitive to chicken eggs, but duck eggs are fine.... I gave the duck eggs to her, when I had them....
-Banti

@mlm MikeThank you for the links. The person who posted originally chimed back in at about 75995 and said they took the tops off, but they are not out yet but still chirping. I hope they read too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom