INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Everyone is responsible for their own hatch, and at times, might have to make a decision to assist or not. Hopefully one learns over time, and their decision making improves. Sally cannot be available 24/7 to help everyone make these decisions.What she has kindly done was created several articles, hatching 101, helpful notes and links, and Assisting hatches, to help anyone that chooses to use these resources to improve their hatches, and needed information handily available at difficult times. Ultimately everyone that chooses to hatch eggs is responsible for their own hatches and makes the final decision themselves.

Quote: no lockdown for some though

On day 15 but think I lost alot of eggs to fluctuation of temp. What is the best/easiest controlled heating supply for incubators? I need one and have no idea what or where to get one. Am going to rebuild my incubator.
What are you using now? I have all coolerbators and use lightbulbs and wafer thermostats, as you can see thats ALL I use lol @Coreenelane

The woman who runs the npip program finally mailed me a packet to get started! Really pleased about that.

Oh and my doe finally lost her ligaments and is in labor! @Sally Sunshine pictures will soon follow.
@shahtir101 AWESOME!!! cant wait for baby pictures!!! Good luck mommas!!!

Quote:

@Sally Sunshine

Hi Sally!! Sorry nobody updated the list for you! i meant to try, but was stuck on my phone, no computer, and that would have been ugly. I have no idea how you stay on top of things!!!

I did post this earlier, but I'm changing the numbers - I recounted....

I still have 19 out of 21 eggs I set for a friend, due to hatch 4/1. I have 13 Shipped Salmon Favorelle and 9 of my silkie eggs set to hatch on 4/5. I have 6 EE and 6 Backyard mixes from a friend, 10 shipped Blue/Buff Cochins and 5 of my silkies set to hatch 4/16. I've got Auto Sexing EE's, Green Egg layers and Silkie eggs on their way. Should be here between 4/2 - 4/7.

So, as long as they are in the incubator on or after 4/1, do they count for the Spring Along HAL? Or do they have to be SET in April?

After this, I HAVE TO STOP!!! NO MORE EGGS!

GOTCHA!!!1 I see Mike answered the hal stuff!!! LMAO!!!
Quote: I am really weird Dax, I only get hatching eggs, I am too scared of disease, yes I know eggs carry too but not like chicks through the mail.
I have eggs coming out my rear, its so muddy here, I have to get more eggwipes!!

Easter was good, I am glad your feeling better but I so hope you get it rested and take care of it!!

Quote:
I responded to your PM
I just candled my 5 Sebastopol geese eggs! It's day 14, 4 developing fine! 1 is dark all through but doesn't smell and has a good air sack. Hoping they continue to thrive!
@coyote bait your profile name!!! What do you use for bait? rabbits gutts whut? chickens??
pop.gif
glad your have your sebs growing!!! are these your own eggs>?

Quote: not sure what to say here
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223

Everyone is responsible for their own hatch, and at times, might have to make a decision to assist or not. Hopefully one learns over time, and their decision making improves. Sally cannot be available 24/7 to  help everyone make these decisions.What she has kindly done was created several articles, hatching 101, helpful notes and links, and Assisting hatches,  to help anyone that chooses to use these resources to  improve their hatches, and needed information handily available at difficult times. Ultimately everyone that chooses to hatch eggs is responsible for their own hatches and makes the final decision themselves. 

As true as that is, CH is better off waiting for sally than making the descision himself. He always opens them prematurely. There was one hatch where he opened several eggs because he was impatient. None were even close to ready to hatch.

no lockdown for some though What are you using now? I have all coolerbators and use lightbulbs and wafer thermostats, as you can see thats ALL I use lol @Coreenelane @shahtir101 AWESOME!!! cant wait for baby pictures!!! Good luck mommas!!! GOTCHA!!!1 I see Mike answered the hal stuff!!! LMAO!!! I am really weird Dax, I only get hatching eggs, I am too scared of disease, yes I know eggs carry too but not like chicks through the mail. I have eggs coming out my rear, its so muddy here, I have to get more eggwipes!! Easter was good, I am glad your feeling better but I so hope you get it rested and take care of it!! I responded to your PM @coyote bait your profile name!!! What do you use for bait? rabbits gutts whut? chickens?? :pop glad your have your sebs growing!!! are these your own eggs>? not sure what to say here [COLOR=008080]I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT?[/COLOR] post #25223
HEY SALLY! How are you?

As true as that is, CH is better off waiting for sally than making the descision himself. He always opens them prematurely. There was one hatch where he opened several eggs because he was impatient. None were even close to ready to hatch.
you,better stop making up lies.I never opened up eggs PREMATURELY

Quote: Everyone is responsible for their own hatch, and at times, might have to make a decision to assist or not. Hopefully one learns over time, and their decision making improves. Sally cannot be available 24/7 to help everyone make these decisions.What she has kindly done was created several articles, hatching 101, helpful notes and links, and Assisting hatches, to help anyone that chooses to use these resources to improve their hatches, and needed information handily available at difficult times. Ultimately everyone that chooses to hatch eggs is responsible for their own hatches and makes the final decision themselves.
Thank you so much Mike! We all know I certainly cant, sometimes you have to take your best guess, no matter what it can be pretty safe to assist with making a pip hole to view and see whats going on. Ducks and bigger poultry are very difficult as their process is much longer and more difficult. I have tried to put as much as I can into both areas for everyone! I think CH knew from the other goose, not to go anyfurther than he did. Assists are NEVER easy calls!

So far a good day. How's everyone?
hey Hippie!!!

And my @Sally Sunshine has abandoned me.
1f61e.png
I have not, kids are home from school spring break and I am swamped with two HALS and tons of threads and not feeling well to boot! Cant beat headaches right now, but you all are doing great using links and helping each other!! thats why they are there!
hugs.gif

Alright guys, since the hatch is officially over as of yesterday, how did i do?
11/12 hatched
10/11 survived
And 1 assist which got membrane stuck to it and couldnt get out.
The last egg was DIS
great

Quote: LOLZZZZZ

@Sally Sunshine what should I look for to decide on not turning for 36 or 48 hours? It is 36 right now
air cells not wiggling or rolling
Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #53845

Quote: lol

Quote: I want coffee now

@sally sunshine I am asking to learn. Earlier someone mentioned having a couple of chicks that had zipped, but we're not out. That they were gone when they pipped and zipped the humidity was way down and the power had gone out at some point. Isn't this a time to assist since they zipped? Why or why not? How?
ThanksI think
i see Mike gave you the links info

5 out of 11 eggs have hatched so far. 3 more have pipped. We are at day 20.

clap.gif

I want seramas. How well do they do in the cold does anyone know?
They are not cold hardy,, we have heat lamps in the serama coops

Quote: AWESOME!!!!! what changes have you made @ekalbach
We got pips!!!! This our second hatch in our Hovabater. Haven't counted them yet. But we got pips!!!
SWEETNESSS!!!! Good Luck @politicalcenter

Quote:

Quote: A NOTE.... and I know your a shell picker as we had discussed before. HOWEVER.... When the chicks circle inside the egg during ZIP stage, they actually twist navel strings/veins and this helps shut down and close them off, if they have too big of an area to get out/or you help them before this happens, they can bleed....

-Kathy
yep, common sense after you do it a while but its one of those DOHs that hit you
he.gif

Ducks are much worse, as they go round more than once, creating a bigger and bigger hole until they get out... most people interviene with ducks seeing a big hole up top when in fact they are still resting and doing their turns inside.... ducks are such a hard call when assisting or not....

CHICKS CAN GET STUCK IN THE ZIPPING STAGE
AGAIN THIS SHOULD ONLY LAST 45-90 Minutes!!
The IMAGES BELOW are of chicks that needed assistance because they went for way too many hours in the zipping stage!

THESE NEEDED ASSISTANCE!
"open that up and get her out!!
a zip
IT ONLY LASTS UP TO 45-90 minutes for chicken eggs!!"
"put a damp HOT rag in the bator when you grab him out, not on eggs though! If the chick is sticky or goopie it will need washed off! I run the tap water warm and hold the chick under it and wash NOT GETTING WATER ON ITS HEAD OR NOSTRILS! After that dry it off with a warm dry rag and put under heat lamp in the brooder or return to the bator!"

I took this piece off and she pushed right out

"THE OTHER ONE too, with the arrow below, if its chirping like mad you may have to check it out. it looks funny for just a pip!"

Its out! the second one without my help thank tha lord!
clap.gif

Thank you Mike!!!!

Hi, my little WCBP mix hatched Saturday evening, she seemed fine, gave her food and water yesterday and she still is not eating or drinking, she is pooping, kinda normal poop, she has a problem eating & drinking. when i put her face in the water and soft food she takes some b/c she has to, and then she stands straight up and seems to have trouble swallowing. her croop is emply.
she has a crooked toe, also. I think she is starving. she can see but not well, she follows me, when i move around her, but she moves slowly, like she is only seeing shadows. she may be deaf also. I hink she has many problems, that i dont know of.
has anyone encountered this kind of behavior before?
Any suggestions on how to help her
Oh, and she chirps/peeps constantly, until she is exhausted, i think b/c she is hungry, and maybe in pain.
poor sweet little creature.
see her crooked toe?
this is how she stands up to swollow food.
I have never, did you try to look down throat? @casportpony perhaps it has a malformation or something inside throat?

Quote: its ok CH just take it easy. You are the only one who knows what you seen, sometimes you have to go with what you have learned. I dont assist so I can only give you this for next time
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom