INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'll never be able to catch up on posts! Been MIA...hubby has strain B of the flu and is really sick, I'm now sick and night before last, the hospital called us and said my son's blood cultures had grown bacteria and they needed us to come back ASAP (at 9pm they called and the hospital is a little over 1.5hrs away) So we were at the hospital all night and now we're home BUT waiting on results from NEW blood cultures and additional tests.

ANYWAY! We're all resting, hydrating - I've prob never felt so awful and tired in my whole life.

Hope everyone else is doing way better than us!
2764.png
1f60a.png

Gosh. :hugs and prayers you guys have been going through it. We spend several all nighters in the ER with my dad a year the exhaustion is awful. When he was more coherent he would say if you weren't sick before coming to the hospital you would be when you left. He's 99

yup going after steelhead and most Trout types I smoked..... Occasionally will grill....
With a few exceptions.... Coho salmon I bake and the wife makes a tuna type salad...... Yum.... And small stream Trout I pan very......

Nice are they near by or do you have to drive? When the salmon are running here people line up in the river literally shoulder to shoulder. Never could see the fun in that. I fly fish when I get the time. I've not tied my own flies yet but want to try. Buddy of mine does.

I just sold this handsome cockerl For 45$! I have asked 50$
Good deal isn't it?
lol.png

Nice!! I have always given away my roosters...maybe I should try to sell them first?

Good morning everyone. I am really late heading out for chores, but
fl.gif
. My first time sow has not squashed any babies.
I will also open the coop for the tiny chicks (March 1-27). I keep hoping some will get brave enough to explore the run. So far the most is Dow the ramp and right back in
smile.png
no adult chickens to go with since I had to get rid of mine. My oldest 15 weeks are in a separate pen.
Congratulations on the baby pigs - I did a post where she squashed the runt, sorry about that! But 11 babies is a LOT! I have a mix of breed teens that are in a small indoor coop - we had manually moved them outside quite a few times, so when we cut a new door for them, and added a ramp - it took them about 10 minutes to figure it out.

Wild birds eat seeds that account for the oil in the feathers; commercial feed doesn't have that. The oil helps them stay dry; without it, they'd chill & die. Time spent foraging with put the oil in the feathers, but, to avoid predation, quail must be strong fliers; that entails the use of light pens or recall pens.
Thanks! Lots of research first!!!

I'm sure I'll never be able to catch up on posts! Been MIA...hubby has strain B of the flu and is really sick, I'm now sick and night before last, the hospital called us and said my son's blood cultures had grown bacteria and they needed us to come back ASAP (at 9pm they called and the hospital is a little over 1.5hrs away) So we were at the hospital all night and now we're home BUT waiting on results from NEW blood cultures and additional tests.

ANYWAY! We're all resting, hydrating - I've prob never felt so awful and tired in my whole life.

Hope everyone else is doing way better than us!
2764.png
1f60a.png
How scary to get a call like that and still have to drive 90 minutes to the hospital. I really hope everyone feels better soon!!!!!

Just got caught up reading the posts from last night, Good Morning ALL!!!

@daxigait
 Congratulations on your Piglets! Can you post a better picture when they get a little bigger, I love pigs just dont have the place for them right now. Sorry about losing the runt

@harrellkd
 Yayy a broody! I wish mine would do that!

@kwhites634
 I completely agree with you in regards to all the flatlanders trying to take over... When are they in-season? I need to pick up a permit....

@Akrnaf2
 That's a pretty cockerel you sold for a great price! Is he an ameracauna? green legs?

@ChickenCanoe
 Good luck with your fruit trees! :fl  that the temperatures stay up for you!!

No it was a wheaten Araucana ( bkack brested red) NOT MY PIC!

I just sold this handsome cockerl For 45$! I have asked 50$ Good deal isn't it? :lol:
Nice!! I have always given away my roosters...maybe I should try to sell them first?
I think that you should at least cover your expense, and if you can do a little profit ( it doesn't have to be money! ) its better! I think that you should at least barter for it ! 15 pound of feed, or cracked corn, is a good trade.

Last edited:
Sorry Dax. Congratulations on the others. So nine total?

Morning
nope eleven left of twelve. Hope you feel better
@canadachickens Glad to hear the eggs are doing well.
@LittleLakePhil Here is to good fishing. I hope the snow stops soon.
Everyone else have a great day. Boy these technical meetings are boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom