INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might have twins in one of the eggs
I hope not. For embryo's sake.

That reminds me of a Steve Martin joke in his standup routine.
"I want to be master of all space, time and dimension.
[pause for effect]
Then -- I want to go to Europe."

Some pic of my second setting chicks

From 10 hatch got 4 BPR mails
4 BPR females, 2 Araucana females! 60% females is a good ratio!
Yes nice ratio. My first hatches this year resulted in 9 pullets and 3 males. 75% Very fortunate. I've only had one big hatch I can remember that was largely males. However, a guy in Puerto Rico that I shipped eggs to, only got one pullet out of his hatch.

Help...I'm really confused. The last couple hatches I've had the same problem. Sticky chicks with an amber glue like substance. Ive been trying to keep the humidity around 20 during the first 18 days. Then at lockdown I keep it about 65 to 70. I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, every where I look the symptoms point to high humidity during the first 18 days. Is it possible thaty Humidity is to high during lock down. Some one enlighten me so I can correct my problem.Thanks IN Advance
There are other possibilities besides high humidity. That's likely albumen on the chicks.
Are they all hatching at 21 days or early? Low temp is possible.
Are they in an auto turner? Improper turning results in reduced nutrient absorption.
The other two possibilities are very large or very old eggs.
ETA
Other questions, where are you located and what is your normal ambient humidity? Are you sure your hygrometer/s are accurate?

Last edited:
Good morning everyone...
2615.png
2615.png
2615.png
2615.png
2615.png
2615.png
2615.png
2615.png

I *almost* forgot to actually put COFFEE in the coffee maker!!! So glad I avoided that tragedy at the last moment...phew.
1f602.png
Happy Friday y'all!!
frow.gif
You done a head count this morning yet?
All chicks present & accounted for?

Good morning chaos !! Hey do you knpw any good chicken and potatos campfire recipes ? Im a troop leader and we have a camping weekend coming up in two weeks i cant wait , but i dont want the normal boring chicken lol
Not really a recipe but if you dice/cube the chicken, taters and veggies. Wrap it in aluminium foil add seasoning's and a little olive oil or butter. Stick it on the coals or fire grate. Usually cooks for bout 30 minutes or so depending on the package size and cube/dice size. Good eating and easy to do. Can even prep everything at home if ya need to.

I wonder what day Spring is scheduled for up there
tongue.png
I started to think we had spring and summer from January through March and then back to winter in April. I think I lost all my apricots last week.

Not really a recipe but if you dice/cube the chicken, taters and veggies. Wrap it in aluminium foil add seasoning's and a little olive oil or butter. Stick it on the coals or fire grate. Usually cooks for bout 30 minutes or so depending on the package size and cube/dice size. Good eating and easy to do. Can even prep everything at home if ya need to.

Wow, that's exactly what I was going to suggest. A little sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and rosemary to boot.

Steak and potatoes cooked the same way with some onions is great too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom