INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never sow them for sale cant say, as you can see it is new to me all this selling
Every new breed that came can fetch 150-180 shekels 40$-48$ a chick, I have raised to the one with the silky 4 Silver laced Barenvelder the came 3 males and one female , the ONLY ONE IN ISRAEL! And this week she started to lay and we have 4 eggs, you can imagine how precious they are? ( I am sorry that I sounds like Gooulum from the lord of rings :gig)

:lau

Sounds like I need to import some chickens... I think Jace would be the star of the show! :p

And that is really cool... The ONLY one? :eek:

Does she live in a coop with silk lined nesting boxes and a bodyguard??
-Banti

She should! And it is a HUGE SECRET even mor the one of Victorias!
If you enter my avatars pic you can see kzizi not a good pic, but a pic..

Quote: Never sow them for sale cant say, as you can see it is new to me all this selling
Every new breed that came can fetch 150-180 shekels 40$-48$ a chick, I have raised to the one with the silky 4 Silver laced Barenvelder the came 3 males and one female , the ONLY ONE IN ISRAEL! And this week she started to lay and we have 4 eggs, you can imagine how precious they are? ( I am sorry that I sounds like Gooulum from the lord of rings
gig.gif
)

That's ok, Benny, we understand. Your baby chicks are PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSS.....
big_smile.png

(Yes, yes, I'm procrastinating. I'd better go get some work done...)

- Ant Farm

Actually, although I'm done hatching for a while, I suppose I have an update as well. Coop plans for today and tomorrow (in-between rain and grading): I'm going to be dismantling a prefab minicoop today (to either store or sell - not keeping it, too hard on my back to clean) and a horrible little PVC bachelor pen (the one Tank was in), and begin clean up of the little and muck on those sites. Then I can lay out the outline for the third permanent coop (a mirror to the large 8x16 Naked Neck coop) for the BBS Copper Marans and other misc layers.

I'll also be selecting a new site for Apoc's coop, cleaning it out, and moving it and figuring out what retrofits it needs (elevated roost at a minimum) to make it a little boy clubhouse/growout pen for the 10 week old CLs and Aloha NNs - even if I stick it out for two more weeks in the current tractor before culling the CL boys or cull the CL boys now at 10 weeks, I still have five aloha Naked Neck boys in there, and they need to be separated. Now that I think about it, I may very well just plan to do it all at the same time (cull CL boys and move NN boys).

I have my eye on the adult CLs - there's only Lissa, Jenny, and Dumbledore right now. I'm worried that one of the girls is now sick with Mareks (thinking/hoping likely Jenny, she already has it). I'm content for now to let that trio stay in that large coop, but it needs some adaptations as well as being due for spring cleaning soon, so I may very well move them into a tractor, at least for a little while. They have the most real estate of any of the chickens.

Because of the rain I can't do any lumber work (need to sand and seal), but whenever it stops, I really need to get those other tractors done.

You know, you probably don't want to put all that into the update. How about "Demolishing/moving old coops and rearranging housing to prepare for new large coop construction." Yeah, that sounds a little more like I have my chit together...
gig.gif

Thinking about chicken housing gives me a headache...
he.gif

@Sally Sunshine

- Ant Farm
Gives me splinters
tongue.png
Beating your head against that wall is what's giving you the headache.
tongue.png

Shalom Sally,

One of my colleagues sells a very high quality silkis for 400$ a couple and 85$ a chick!

You can easily sell a couple of BPR subadolts for 500 shekels -it is almost 135$

And sally one of your Brhamas the blue partridge will fatch a 800-1000 shekels easily!

What about turkens?

You mean NAKED necks? (He he...) :lol:

Curious - do you set your eggs in the Brinsea without the foam cushions? (I can't remember whether you got this new or used). Mine came with a thin foam cushion to put on the bottom and then thicker foam strips that fit inside of the rails. They help keep the eggs form moving around during turning...

- Ant Farm

I did buy mine used off of amazon to save a couple bucks. I did notice that they were moving around quite a bit. Can I buy the foam separately?

I looked online and only found this in the UK (pricey!) :eek:

http://incubationexperts.com/brinse...sheet-for-octagon-20-advance-and-ex-659-p.asp

On BYC, someone contacted Brinsea in the US - cheaper, FWIW:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/730749/brinsea-foam-divider-parts

The foam is pretty sturdy stuff that has taken several disinfection cycles (using that Brinsea incubator disinfectant stuff), and is also fairly open (cell structure), presumably for better air circulation. (So it's not just regular foam.) Up to you whether you'd want to pursue that. I've been happy with it, holds the eggs solid as a rock when turning those pretty high angles. But mine came with it, so I haven't tried anything else. 

I bet other folks who have this incubator may have more/better suggestions than I do. (But now I will make extra sure to take care of the inserts carefully, since it seems to be a pain to replace them...)

- Ant Farm 

TRANSYLVANIA naked neck, Presssssios,,,,,! I feel an understandable urge to eat a raw fish or an Ork! Yummmmmy

Quote: You mean NAKED necks? (He he...)
lol.png
Quote: I looked online and only found this in the UK (pricey!)
ep.gif

http://incubationexperts.com/brinse...sheet-for-octagon-20-advance-and-ex-659-p.asp

The foam is pretty sturdy stuff that has taken several disinfection cycles (using that Brinsea incubator disinfectant stuff), and is also fairly open (cell structure), presumably for better air circulation. (So it's not just regular foam.) Up to you whether you'd want to pursue that. I've been happy with it, holds the eggs solid as a rock when turning those pretty high angles. But mine came with it, so I haven't tried anything else.

I bet other folks who have this incubator may have more/better suggestions than I do. (But now I will make extra sure to take care of the inserts carefully, since it seems to be a pain to replace them...)

- Ant Farm
TRANSYLVANIA naked neck, Presssssios,,,,,! I feel an understandable urge to eat a raw fish or an Ork! Yummmmmy

But Orks doesn't taste very nice, does they precious?
lol.png

Oh mine fly over the fence to sit on the top. Then fly down to the dog side. Not smart. Especially when the dogs are pregnant and starving.

Lol nice , its amazing how special some chickens are lol , i call cerberus the chicken whisperer he will be laying by the fence barking at the chickens and the chickens still go to him and bam their dead before i can even yell no cerberus

Shalom Sally,

One of my colleagues sells a very high quality silkis for 400$ a couple and 85$ a chick!

You can easily sell a couple of BPR subadolts for 500 shekels -it is almost 135$

And sally one of your Brhamas the blue partridge will fatch a 800-1000 shekels easily!

What about turkens?

You mean NAKED necks? (He he...) :lol:

Curious - do you set your eggs in the Brinsea without the foam cushions? (I can't remember whether you got this new or used). Mine came with a thin foam cushion to put on the bottom and then thicker foam strips that fit inside of the rails. They help keep the eggs form moving around during turning...

- Ant Farm

I did buy mine used off of amazon to save a couple bucks. I did notice that they were moving around quite a bit. Can I buy the foam separately?

I looked online and only found this in the UK (pricey!) :eek:

- Ant Farm 

But Orks doesn't taste very nice, does they precious? :lol:

Sashimi ork is yucccc but
Smoked ork could be interasting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom