INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks! 

I thought it had something to do with water rights, but I could be wrong.

water rights was my initial thought also. It's a bigger deal in some places than others. People get upset when they feel you are stealing their water. Or should I say potentially their water. The guy that owned my house previously ran into issues when he dug the pond and dammed up a ditch to fill it. He had to tear out the dam and dig a well that is probably a portion of the same water. Had fines to pay also. Ultimate issue was that water was supposed to be heading further downstream for a farmers field that was 2 fields over. In the 4 years we have had the house I have seen it go dry 2 summers so far.

Last edited:
Ugh I figure that the hatch that was due 4/17 and I expected to be late because I had temp troubles early on is likely to not hatch any more.. I had 1 yesterday afternoon and 1 last night. No signs of anything happening to any of the other eggs and then to top it all off the heating element went in that incubator today as in kaput no more heat. I don't know what to do with this batch at this point. I really hate to tell my friend I only got 2/24 of her eggs (2 were eliminated early as clears, the rest HAD been developing)
he.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif
I can't even put into words how defeated I feel right now.

Ugh I figure that the hatch that was due 4/17 and I expected to be late because I had temp troubles early on is likely to not hatch any more.. I had 1 yesterday afternoon and 1 last night.  No signs of anything happening to any of the other eggs and then to top it all off the heating element went in that incubator today as in kaput no more heat. I don't know what to do with this batch at this point.  I really hate to tell my friend I only got 2/24 of her eggs (2 were eliminated early as clears, the rest HAD been developing):he :barnie :hit I can't even put into words how defeated I feel right now.

:hugs sorry.

O not at all! When you give a SHOT you enter the vitamin to the blood stream wich is the internal invoirment of the animal, while the parasites inhabit the lumen of the digestive tract wich is in fact the external invoirment.
If you give vitamin B orally than it will be stupid!
That makes perfect sense. I wasn't even thinking of a B injection.
Thank you.
bow.gif

Ugh I figure that the hatch that was due 4/17 and I expected to be late because I had temp troubles early on is likely to not hatch any more.. I had 1 yesterday afternoon and 1 last night.  No signs of anything happening to any of the other eggs and then to top it all off the heating element went in that incubator today as in kaput no more heat. I don't know what to do with this batch at this point.  I really hate to tell my friend I only got 2/24 of her eggs (2 were eliminated early as clears, the rest HAD been developing):he :barnie :hit I can't even put into words how defeated I feel right now.

A heat lamp and a pan of water = an effort to let more hatch. The water is for humidity, not boiling them.

Quote: I've heard all kinds of similar stories. I hope it never gives you a problem.

Ugh I figure that the hatch that was due 4/17 and I expected to be late because I had temp troubles early on is likely to not hatch any more.. I had 1 yesterday afternoon and 1 last night. No signs of anything happening to any of the other eggs and then to top it all off the heating element went in that incubator today as in kaput no more heat. I don't know what to do with this batch at this point. I really hate to tell my friend I only got 2/24 of her eggs (2 were eliminated early as clears, the rest HAD been developing)
he.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif
I can't even put into words how defeated I feel right now.
So sorry.

Yes, but it doesn't have a spout, and carrying it a bucket at a time was annoying. Now I let the water collects in it a few inches, then lay it on its side for the ducks to walk in for their own drink that the chickens won't touch due to the standing water. When the standing water gets dirty, I dump it and wait for more rain.

I know that there are rain barrels out there with spouts and screens on top, but they are hard-to-find due to laws changing. It is illegal to collect rainwater in a lot of places now.

Somewhere, and it may have been right here in MD, the gov't even wanted to put a tax on rain water.

:eek: :he

:hugs

Might have extra turkey eggs if anybody would want to try and hatch some my silkies can't sit on anymore eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom