INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
OK, so the count is 3 no and 0 yes so far. 5 no counting Akmaf2 and myself.
I probably would if I was starving.

Edited to add the no count is up to 6

Come on, let's cheer for balut eaters.

Well it is all good nutrition after all.
even if i was starving, i don't think i could, i think i would wretch and therefore pointless in trying to eat it

Good afternoon all.  Hundreds of pages behind, no hope.  I thought as I ate my lunch I'd go back a few pages.  Well, I am now ready to give my lunch away.  Thanks!

I somehow killed 25 of my 33 babies I moved out to the coop, on their first night outside.  They didn't figure out how to go under the heat plate, got wet and died.  I can't think of anything else that would have killed them.  They were in a cage, in a cage in a coop.  So nothing got into their area.  They were as far from the heat plate as possible, some were all together in a big pile, like they were trying to get warm, but most were spread out near the water dish that had leaked.  :hit

I am very sorry to hear that! How old they were?
I use 60 watt lamp no problem there!

I would pay a fortune to be present at that moment that the first man decide to eat the first balut
And ask him what the :duc... he was thinking when he decided that this thing is edible

Last edited:
I think the count is 0-8 so far against balut consumption.
Sounds like a lopsided baseball game. Cards vs. Braves.
We need more Asians in this thread. A strong pinch hitter so to speak.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone!
hugs.gif

The ones that survived were 2 weeks old, the ones that died were 1 week old. Born 4/16 - 4/18. No lights in the coop, just their heat plate. I don't think I had it low enough for the little babies. They had a smaller heat plate in the inside brooder. I do have a heat lamp I was going to run inside the whole coop - I had cleaned and moved the heat plate away from the Easter hatch. They were not using it anymore,so I thought the warmer room would help. But the only power in the coop so far is from a REALLY long power cord, with a 3 way plug on the end. That is being used for the 3 heat plates. I thought they would be warm enough with just each other (33 of them) and the heat plate, but sadly I was wrong.

Nope, Not I. 

Quote:
Nope couldn't do it. For some reason I cant even bring myself to do eggtopsies if they make it past a couple of days. Not sure why as I have processed numerous different animals. Just cant do it.

OK, so the count is 3 no and 0 yes so far. 5 no counting Akmaf2 and myself.
I probably would if I was starving.

Edited to add the no count is up to 6

Come on, let's cheer for balut eaters.

I have been corrected (LOL) the guy i works with HATES balut, and his philipino wife hates it, 
and they do NOT spit out the crunchies, they eat it ALL

Well it is all good nutrition after all.

Its depend on the dimensions of the brooder and on the temp where you live! Don't forget that here the lowest temp that we have where I live in winter is Abaout 5C, you cant compare it to yours!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom