INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but I have had a mother duck lay her eggs in a nest behind my bush at my home, i've been checking on her and was even feeding her bread....she was taking it right out of my hands last night. This morning as I was leaving for work i notice 9 eggs cracked open, I thought the babies have hatched, but soon realized that the yolk was out of the eggs, i gathers them all and threw them in a bag in my trash, i then noticed that the mom duck was dead next to her nest...i'm assuming an animal attacked her and the eggs last night, While grabbing her i noticed two eggs unharmed, I put gloves on and picked the eggs up, they were really cold, but I put them in a box with a bunch of towels and my husband is going to buy a heating lamp, my question is, could it be too late for these two eggs? I am so new to this, but it was so so sad seeing all the eggs, feathers, and momma duck laying there. Please help me any advice would be great. Thank you!

hide.gif
Okay
frow.gif

Good morning!

Locked down last night!!
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

BUT forgot my no slip rubber pad piece I like to put in over the metal grate...do you think they'll be ok without it once they start hatching or should I put a papertowel over it at least? (I thought I had more rubber liner but now my roll seems to be missing...)

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but I have had a mother duck lay her eggs in a nest behind my bush at my home, i've been checking on her and was even feeding her bread....she was taking it right out of my hands last night. This morning as I was leaving for work i notice 9 eggs cracked open, I thought the babies have hatched, but soon realized that the yolk was out of the eggs, i gathers them all and threw them in a bag in my trash, i then noticed that the mom duck was dead next to her nest...i'm assuming an animal attacked her and the eggs last night, While grabbing her i noticed two eggs unharmed, I put gloves on and picked the eggs up, they were really cold, but I put them in a box with a bunch of towels and my husband is going to buy a heating lamp, my question is, could it be too late for these two eggs? I am so new to this, but it was so so sad seeing all the eggs, feathers, and momma duck laying there. Please help me any advice would be great. Thank you!

It couldn't hurt to try. Be sure to spritz the eggs or add something to add humidity. Ducks can't swim right away, so be sure they don't drown.

hide.gif
I really need my squishy... Whom no one has accused me of dating. Or Ur. Or Whites. Well... Whites I don't joke with like that, and Joey isn't around that much. Hmmm... Anyway!

hit.gif
I want my squishy! I need my squishy! SQUISHY SQUISHY SQUISHY SQUISHY SQUISHY SQUISHY!!!!!
You want someone to accuse you of dating him? Is that what you really want? It can be arranged, you realize. One needs always to be careful what one wishes for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom