INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugs.gif
I'm a bit later than usual this morning...
hide.gif

Just a bit.
You want someone to accuse you of dating him? Is that what you really want? It can be arranged, you realize. One needs always to be careful what one wishes for.

NO!!! I was accused of dating Chaos. I don't need to be accused of something I am not doing yet again.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, but I have had a mother duck lay her eggs in a nest behind my bush at my home, i've been checking on her and was even feeding her bread....she was taking it right out of my hands last night. This morning as I was leaving for work i notice 9 eggs cracked open, I thought the babies have hatched, but soon realized that the yolk was out of the eggs, i gathers them all and threw them in a bag in my trash, i then noticed that the mom duck was dead next to her nest...i'm assuming an animal attacked her and the eggs last night, While grabbing her i noticed two eggs unharmed, I put gloves on and picked the eggs up, they were really cold, but I put them in a box with a bunch of towels and my husband is going to buy a heating lamp, my question is, could it be too late for these two eggs? I am so new to this, but it was so so sad seeing all the eggs, feathers, and momma duck laying there. Please help me any advice would be great. Thank you!
As MC said, it can't hurt to try.
You don't need a heat lamp. Infrared warms what it is aimed at which may make the eggs too hot.
Any heat source, like an incandescent lamp will work. If the box is small, 40 watts can be sufficient. Shoot for 100 F. Just don't go much over. 104 will kill them but 97 won't.

haha,yes I did. I woke up this morning and have my very first ever baby Muscovy.

In spite of yourself.

Leaving something alone when you are away from home doesn't count.

Last edited:
LOL! I am not sure if I posted it here, or somewhere else. My drake not only likes to follow me around, but he comes when called. I called the dog yesterday, but only said, "C'mere, baby boy!" The dog only looked up. Jojo came out of nowhere to my left.
gig.gif

LOL! I am not sure if I posted it here, or somewhere else. My drake not only likes to follow me around, but he comes when called. I called the dog yesterday, but only said, "C'mere, baby boy!" The dog only looked up. Jojo came out of nowhere to my left.
gig.gif
That's cute.

I do; I eat them anyway. Ever wonder why so many drowning victims are never recovered? Anyone not eaten breakfast yet?
Same with crawfish. I don't suck the heads though, just eat the tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom