INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://idlewildmission.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/blueboy.jpg

Blue-Fish.png
blueboy.jpg

DONT EVA Hold yer breath fer me lmao
tumblr_mqri6zWJXg1spe9b2o3_250.gif

roll.png

@Phage what breed~!!!!

lau.gif

goodpost.gif

yesss.gif

clap.gif
Are you keeping track of these pips and timelines of them?
pop.gif

Candlers/ FLASHLIGHTS TO CANDLE DARK EGGS & Innovations SUGGESTIONS post #38996

celebrate.gif
lau.gif
Hi, Kid
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Good news first.....I have 10 chicks hatched and more hatching. So now for the bad news/question.

I had a chicken die in October unexpectedly with no real explanation. One day she was fine, the next day she wasn't, two days later she was dead. Everyone else has been fine and healthy. Had same symptoms described below but with respiratory distress.

So I have had some 6-8 week old chicks in the house in the brooder and it has just gotten warm enough for them to be outside. They've been out about 4 days. Yesterday I noticed one was not acting well. He is very thin, stays puffed up with wings dropped, seems very weak and lethargic. He is eating and drinking some. His droppings (with a few exceptions) are white and liquid. I have him isolated, but he is not doing well at all. I am wondering if it's Marek's? I have read a lot of threads on here about it, but have never experienced it, so I'm not sure? Any advice is appreciated. I really hope it's something else, as I don't want to expose all the new hatchlings to it

Last edited:
Y'all are lucky. I just put a big post together and it disappeared.

It was a little about broody hens and a long dissertation about my musical interests and influences. At least I thought it was interesting.
When I hit preview, it went poof.

I think it was scared from itself.....

Quote: ok maybe you can do a timeline of images? we can add that to the timeline for hatch in ducks section

Quote: dunt know, I showed you how to candle but again thats a guess like they all are

Quote: Hi whites!!!

Good news first.....I have 10 chicks hatched and more hatching. So now for the bad news/question.

I had a chicken die in October unexpectedly with no real explanation. One day she was fine, the next day she wasn't, two days later she was dead. Everyone else has been fine and healthy. Had same symptoms described below but with respiratory distress.

So I have had some 6-8 week old chicks in the house in the brooder and it has just gotten warm enough for them to be outside. They've been out about 4 days. Yesterday I noticed one was not acting well. He is very thin, stays puffed up with wings dropped, seems very weak and lethargic. He is eating and drinking some. His droppings (with a few exceptions) are white and liquid. I have him isolated, but he is not doing well at all. I am wondering if it's Marek's? I have read a lot of threads on here about it, but have never experienced it, so I'm not sure? Any advice is appreciated. I really hope it's something else, as I don't want to expose all the new hatchlings to it

I'm so excited for the new chicks! I'm sorry for the sick ones, I wish I could help!
frow.gif

Hows everyone doin?

MATT I see you!!! or is that ME I SEE?
lau.gif

guys I'm back! Been awhile hasn't it?
frow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom