INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The style Whi. Likes them.....
gig.gif
?

Good afternoon, everyone.
frow.gif

I've been busy trying to get some work done on the new coop... between rain showers and thunderstorms. The last one just passed, and in between I've been dealing with chicks. Sadly, the chick with yolk butt wasn't getting any better so had to put it down. Balut, who was doing great during my lunch break two days ago, was dead that evening. I have no idea what caused it's death. I have another chick in sick bay that has been having lethargic spells, craning it's neck and gaping it's mouth open. I have it isolated and on electrolytes and vitamins. It showed symptoms of an impacted crop, though I don't know how it could have happened. I always use absorbent pads for the first week to avoid impacted crops. I've been massaging it's crop, though I can't feel it, and it seems to be doing a bit better. I'll continue to do so for the rest of the day, and hopefully it can join it's siblings in the brooder soon. I'm down to 11 now, and I really don't want to lose any more of these chicks...
fl.gif

Good afternoon, everyone.   :frow

I've been busy trying to get some work done on the new coop... between rain showers and thunderstorms. The last one just passed, and in between I've been dealing with chicks. Sadly, the chick with yolk butt wasn't getting any better so had to put it down. Balut, who was doing great during my lunch break two days ago, was dead that evening. I have no idea what caused it's death. I have another chick in sick bay that has been having lethargic spells, craning it's neck and gaping it's mouth open. I have it isolated and on electrolytes and vitamins. It showed symptoms of an impacted crop, though I don't know how it could have happened. I always use absorbent pads for the first week to avoid impacted crops. I've been massaging it's crop, though I can't feel it, and it seems to be doing a bit better. I'll continue to do so for the rest of the day, and hopefully it can join it's siblings in the brooder soon. I'm down to 11 now, and I really don't want to lose any more of these chicks...   :fl  

You think it is somthing infectious ? Or some incubating problems?

Good afternoon, everyone.
frow.gif

I've been busy trying to get some work done on the new coop... between rain showers and thunderstorms. The last one just passed, and in between I've been dealing with chicks. Sadly, the chick with yolk butt wasn't getting any better so had to put it down. Balut, who was doing great during my lunch break two days ago, was dead that evening. I have no idea what caused it's death. I have another chick in sick bay that has been having lethargic spells, craning it's neck and gaping it's mouth open. I have it isolated and on electrolytes and vitamins. It showed symptoms of an impacted crop, though I don't know how it could have happened. I always use absorbent pads for the first week to avoid impacted crops. I've been massaging it's crop, though I can't feel it, and it seems to be doing a bit better. I'll continue to do so for the rest of the day, and hopefully it can join it's siblings in the brooder soon. I'm down to 11 now, and I really don't want to lose any more of these chicks...
fl.gif
frow.gif
fl.gif
I hope they all do fine!! sorry about that littleyolker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom