INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are more stringy then dogs, but the meat has more protein!
They are a delicacy in other countries, just like snake is in America.
Why does people keep talking about eating them!!???!!!!???
hit.gif

You think it is somthing infectious ? Or some incubating problems?
Shalom, Benny!

I don't know. My first thought was it might be an infection, but I don't know where it would come from. It had some dried umbilical stuck to it's navel, but after giving it a bath I realized it was only stuck to the fluff. It's navel looks fine. I can't rule out incubation problems, but I don't think that caused it either. All of the chicks have been doing great, until this chick started acting strange 2 days ago. It seems to be doing much better since I posted about it. It's been chirping like crazy, and I just watched it drinking, so it may be getting better. I didn't feel an impacted crop, but it may have had something hung in it's throat. I haven't heard it make this much noise since I put it in isolation, so I think that is a good sign.

frow.gif
fl.gif
I hope they all do fine!! sorry about that littleyolker
Thanks, Sally.
hugs.gif

I didn't expect littleyolker to make it, but was really surprised when I lost Balut. It was very actively running around like a normal chick, eating, drinking, and pooping like the rest of them... and 3 hours later it was dead. Survival of the fittest, I guess...

Shalom, Benny!

I don't know. My first thought was it might be an infection, but I don't know where it would come from. It had some dried umbilical stuck to it's navel, but after giving it a bath I realized it was only stuck to the fluff. It's navel looks fine. I can't rule out incubation problems, but I don't think that caused it either. All of the chicks have been doing great, until this chick started acting strange 2 days ago. It seems to be doing much better since I posted about it. It's been chirping like crazy, and I just watched it drinking, so it may be getting better. I didn't feel an impacted crop, but it may have had something hung in it's throat. I haven't heard it make this much noise since I put it in isolation, so I think that is a good sign.

Thanks, Sally.
hugs.gif

I didn't expect littleyolker to make it, but was really surprised when I lost Balut. It was very actively running around like a normal chick, eating, drinking, and pooping like the rest of them... and 3 hours later it was dead. Survival of the fittest, I guess...
When we first got chickens only one Silkie survived along with our bredas. My mom got two more silkies and they turned out being roosters. Don't feel to bad about death, it's natural. Besides sometimes you can't do anything

Shalom, Benny!

Thanks, Sally.
hugs.gif

Sorry, Sir Joseph. Tough to lose one; tougher still when you don't know the reason. I hope you find the reason quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom