INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
X2.
hugs.gif

Just to be clear, no one is attacking you for not wanting to eat your own chickens. I don't want you thinking that anyone is criticizing you!!
thanks guys

They are looking good and yours will catch up.

Some of my squash is up. I'll end up with about 8 tomato plants. Should be planted today. It's been raining so in between that I've been getting stuff done this weekend. A cucumber plant is up not an ordinary cucumber looks nothing like a cucumber buts it's great, crisp and flavorful
Hmmm... I didn't get any cucumber, but I bought a full flat of tomatoes (48 plants), about 20 pepper plants of different types, and I'll plant green beans too! I'll go back in a couple weeks to pick through more plants (sells them super-cheap after the peak, but most are potbound which I've had good luck fixing). Add the dozen tomato plants I started (mexican midget), and the pepper plants I started (mini bells), and I should have a pretty full garden, and a years supply of the best tasting spaghetti sauce in the state of Indiana! I do love my tomatoes! Canning tomatoes is work, but well worth it when you get to eat your homegrown veggies year round. I'm not expecting the watermelons to do well, but maybe...

Hmmm... I didn't get any cucumber, but I bought a full flat of tomatoes (48 plants), about 20 pepper plants of different types, and I'll plant green beans too! I'll go back in a couple weeks to pick through more plants (sells them super-cheap after the peak, but most are potbound which I've had good luck fixing). Add the dozen tomato plants I started (mexican midget), and the pepper plants I started (mini bells), and I should have a pretty full garden, and a years supply of the best tasting spaghetti sauce in the state of Indiana! I do love my tomatoes! Canning tomatoes is work, but well worth it when you get to eat your homegrown veggies year round. I'm not expecting the watermelons to do well, but maybe...

I'm going to try drying veggies this year. Did it small scale last year and worked out pretty well. That spaghetti sounds good!! Have you tried the spaghetti squash

I love making "red sauce" that I can use for pizza or spaghetti by just adding a few more spices when I open the jar. The jars I have left from last year, have Parmesan, garlic and onion added. Unfortunately, I didn't thicken it enough. It has to be thicker! :)

I like fly fishing catch and release.

Awww! Poor fishies! You hurt their poor little mouths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom