INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another quick update. Came home for lunch and the 15 chickies were getting a little restless in the bator. I had already fired up the brooder yesterday, so it was warm and ready to go. Dipped their beaks in water, and one-by-one they made a beeline for the Sweeter Heater. Threw a little food in front of the heater, and I left to go eat lunch...

Went back about 20 minutes later, and this is what I found...

Last edited:
Just another quick update. Came home for lunch and the 15 chickies were getting a little restless in the bator. I had already fired up the brooder yesterday, so it was warm and ready to go. Dipped their beaks in water, and one-by-one they made a beeline for the Sweeter Heater. Threw a little food in front of the heater, and I left to go eat lunch... Went back about 20 minutes later, and this is what I found...
Bellies are full all around now it's nap time!:love

Just another quick update. Came home for lunch and the 15 chickies were getting a little restless in the bator. I had already fired up the brooder yesterday, so it was warm and ready to go. Dipped their beaks in water, and one-by-one they made a beeline for the Sweeter Heater. Threw a little food in front of the heater, and I left to go eat lunch...

Went back about 20 minutes later, and this is what I found...

love.gif
love.gif

Yep, that was me...
big_smile.png

All good... pm anytime...

Here's a full grown Snowy duck... (No, she didn't bite me, I argued with some lumber, lol)

Hope you won the battle with the lumber.

How do I grow my own mealworms? We have a compost pile already
Are you far enough south that you can raise Soldier Flies? I did meal worms once, but found that they were too smelly to keep in the house, and it was too cold to do them outside. They reproduce best in warmer temps.

http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/

Here is a link to some worms. I have been getting some from them. I do not know how the cold affects them. Here is a quote from there site "Mealworms should be kept under refrigeration between 42 and 50 degrees, where they become dormant and stay in perfect condition for 30 - 45 days".
Fridge for storage, but not for growing them.

I have three ccl out, two boys and a girl, of course the girl has a the bump out the umbilical from the HEAT STROKE so I will see if she makes it or not.. figured it would happen. a few other pips and the rest nothin... crappy hatch looks like, but we knew as much

waiting to clean and set

Those eggs look pretty pristine. How do you clean before setting?

Originally Posted by fire370

Gator was slacking.....

Looks like presidential material to me.

I dont clean them, I eat the ones I have to clean I am out of the special wipes I had for npip
hmm.png
and my links are all messed up since I switch browsers I forget what I had now.

Just hanging out in Yearbook - finished all my work during the weekend. :D What's up over there? Any updates on the hatching?
everyone is having great hatches cept me and robjones luke rolled the eggs and rolled the wafer at the same time
th.gif

ok danke see ovate
:thumbsup
Just another quick update. Came home for lunch and the 15 chickies were getting a little restless in the bator. I had already fired up the brooder yesterday, so it was warm and ready to go. Dipped their beaks in water, and one-by-one they made a beeline for the Sweeter Heater. Threw a little food in front of the heater, and I left to go eat lunch... Went back about 20 minutes later, and this is what I found...
Love the flat chicks! :gig
everyone is having great hatches cept me and robjones luke rolled the eggs and rolled the wafer at the same time :th
Nah, I only have 2 Ohiki outta 4 eggs so far... think 1 quit at lockdown and the other pipped below the air cell... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom