INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Saw some blood vessels. Tried getting a pic of one, but the autoflash in the dark room washed it out enough that the AC didn't show up
If it were me, I'd try to keep the humidity in the 35-40 range. I know that is what you have been trying to do. Lower humidity would make air cell grow faster. I don't understand why they would grow that large so quick though.
All I can do @ this point is wait 'til I see the wife tomorrow morning, about 11:00...she leave for work @ 5:00. Maybe with her holding the candler to the egg in a semi-dark room I can get a decent picture
If you can't get a candle pic, mark air cells, and maybe how high veins go up and just get pic of the pencil markings on shell

Quote:
I think I was advised to try to rig a way to increase the local humidity around the eggs with the huge air cells when this happened to me. I'm wondering if that's something you can rig (might be tough, though).

- Ant Farm
How did you do it, put them near wet sponge humidity source?

I didn't end up doing it, can't remember why, but there was some reason (maybe as it was too late and close to lock down or something), but I think that was the kind of thing that I was being advised to do - a separated area with different local/micro humidity. A suppose a sponge would do it... I think it was Sally who advised it, perhaps she can explain better next time she's on the thread.

- Ant Farm

Quote:
I think I was advised to try to rig a way to increase the local humidity around the eggs with the huge air cells when this happened to me. I'm wondering if that's something you can rig (might be tough, though).

- Ant Farm
How did you do it, put them near wet sponge humidity source?

I didn't end up doing it, can't remember why, but there was some reason (maybe as it was too late and close to lock down or something), but I think that was the kind of thing that I was being advised to do - a separated area with different local/micro humidity. A suppose a sponge would do it... I think it was Sally who advised it, perhaps she can explain better next time she's on the thread.

- Ant Farm
OK, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom