INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fire Ant Farm Your chicken pictures were nice. What type is the escaper? It was pure dumb luck to catch the kid mid leap, but cool.

@LittleLakePhil congratulations on the five :celebrate Any progress on the other pip? How many are left? Your thumb can go with mine. I rasped my knuckle rasping goat feet.

@Ur-ur-ur-urrr I am curious what you find with your trios, as I have a Welsummer trio I was going to sell since not enough survived for him.
Have you candled the second HRIR batch yet? I loose track of my days much less someone else's ;)

@kwhites634 Glad to hear your GGC is hear with her and mom OK. I'm also glad you figured out the egg issue. At least if you're making mistakes you are still alive and doing :tongue

@mlm MikeHi! No you did not miss hearing. One I have been too busy to be back, and two I won't know till class Tuesday night at the earliest. I did well on the last two belts, but I messed up a couple of basic techniques. I corrected, but I am expected to rock those. I hope he gives us a bit of leeway since Matt and I have taught five of the last seven weeks while he was working. That cut into our time. On top of how much I missed with my ankle I felt out of practice on a body. I can nail them in the air, but sometimes if it has been a while a body can throw you a bit. For me it is getting the height and depth since in the air your imaginary opponent is your height, and you don't have to adjust your strikes to place them where they need to go, but either make light contact or hit a close body part instead. Like you strike a collar bone lightly on what in reality would be a strike to the trachea. We shall see. We can pass, fail, or be asked to retest certain elements.

@Sally Sunshine Any Brahma yet?
Nice hatch.

@DwayneNLiz Cute town. Love the moose. We had one big old bull stand on the highway about ten feet from the car for the longest time before he left. Huge rack on him.

Last edited:
@Fire Ant Farm Your chicken pictures were nice. What type is the escaper? It was pure dumb luck to catch the kid mid leap, but cool.

@LittleLakePhil congratulations on the five :celebrate Any progress on the other pip? How many are left? Your thumb can go with mine. I rasped my knuckle rasping goat feet.

@Ur-ur-ur-urrr I am curious what you find with your trios, as I have a Welsummer trio I was going to sell since not enough survived for him.
Have you candled the second HRIR batch yet? I loose track of my days much less someone else's ;)

@kwhites634 Glad to hear your GGC is hear with her and mom OK. I'm also glad you figured out the egg issue. At least if you're making mistakes you are still alive and doing :tongue

@mlm MikeHi! No you did not miss hearing. One I have been too busy to be back, and two I won't know till class Tuesday night at the earliest. I did well on the last two belts, but I messed up a couple of basic techniques. I corrected, but I am expected to rock those. I hope he gives us a bit of leeway since Matt and I have taught five of the last seven weeks while he was working. That cut into our time. On top of how much I missed with my ankle I felt out of practice on a body. I can nail them in the air, but sometimes if it has been a while a body can throw you a bit. For me it is getting the height and depth since in the air your imaginary opponent is your height, and you don't have to adjust your strikes to place them where they need to go, but either make light contact or hit a close body part instead. Like you strike a collar bone lightly on what in reality would be a strike to the trachea. We shall see. We can pass, fail, or be asked to retest certain elements.

Nice hatch.
I am sure you passed your test but I am crossing my fingers for you!!

For any of you guys that have CCL would you please critique my two almost four month old cockerels from GFF? Levin Rory @Sally Sunshine@fire370

Last edited:
Speckled Sussex - little brat's name is Dotty.
lol.png

@LittleLakePhil congratulations on the five
celebrate.gif
Any progress on the other pip? How many are left? Your thumb can go with mine. I rasped my knuckle rasping goat feet.

Have you candled the second HRIR batch yet? I loose track of my days much less someone else's
wink.png

@kwhites634 Glad to hear your GGC is hear with her and mom OK. I'm also glad you figured out the egg issue. At least if you're making mistakes you are still alive and doing
tongue.gif

@mlm Mike Hi! No you did not miss hearing. One I have been too busy to be back, and two I won't know till class Tuesday night at the earliest. I did well on the last two belts, but I messed up a couple of basic techniques. I corrected, but I am expected to rock those. I hope he gives us a bit of leeway since Matt and I have taught five of the last seven weeks while he was working. That cut into our time. On top of how much I missed with my ankle I felt out of practice on a body. I can nail them in the air, but sometimes if it has been a while a body can throw you a bit. For me it is getting the height and depth since in the air your imaginary opponent is your height, and you don't have to adjust your strikes to place them where they need to go, but either make light contact or hit a close body part instead. Like you strike a collar bone lightly on what in reality would be a strike to the trachea. We shall see. We can pass, fail, or be asked to retest certain elements.

Nice hatch.

@DwayneNLiz Cute town. Love the moose. We had one big old bull stand on the highway about ten feet from the car for the longest time before he left. Huge rack on him.

Thanks for the update on your test. I can see how being out of practice on a real body could make a difference. I hope you get good news tomorrow then.
fl.gif

I like the first bird
Thanks, Levin looks sharper in my opinion. Rory always looks a bit rumpled. I did not know on other things than feathers though. It is probably hard to tell though from just a couple of pictures. I hope you are well. How is your last hatch?

Last edited:
Thanks, Levin looks sharper in my opinion. Rory always looks a bit rumpled. I did not know on other things than feathers though. It is probably hard to tell though from just a couple of pictures. I hope you are well. How is your last hatch?

I'll get a pic of my breeding roo here in a bit. That second bird looks a bit "washed" in coloring in my opinion. Things have been good but busy around here. Getting ready to pile the coyotes up again. Lost a few free range birds yesterday and today. They'll be safe here again right shortly. Last hatch went well. Loaded another cabinet last night so today is day 1 on them. Had a great kidding season, last one to go was today. 2 does to 1 buck ratio so I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom