INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shalom Sal.
In one of your's posts you have asked abaout foam bator, mine is made of foam
Look the pic.

I get this foam boxes free from my fish dealer, the cover are artificial parquet panels scrap that I have found near home.
I have 2 main water reservoirs in the bator, and too each one of them I have entered an aluminum pipe that I use to replenish the water without needing to open the cover. ( i am making another one!
big_smile.png
)

Good morninig to you all!

My manual egg turner (I could not fined a 1/10-1/15 RPM motor here!)

Based on this you tube clip.

My lock down tray based on Sal. Sun. Model!

Benny any updates to your incubator?

Quote:
WAKE UPPPP
Hey is there a thread on BYC about dry hatching? The dude who gave us our chickens wants us to look at it.
HUMIDITY Humidity is NOT a set number!

Its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the egg! post #8924 see Hatching Eggs 101

WHY do we need less humidity to get the best weight loss for colored hatching eggs during incubation? post #36320
KEEPING MOLD and BACTERIAL from growing in water WELLS during incubation post #1644
USING a aquarium pump to humidify incubator Begin post post #42512
TIPS n TRICKS to raising humidity in incubators post #42512

Hi all! It's gotten quiet!! I asked earlier, but didn't see a response. I am using a fish tank air bubbler to blow moist warm air into my incubator. I have just used it at lockdown. Should I leave it in for the entire 21 days?

Thanks!!
depends on what humidity you need????

Good evening everyone! Thanks for keeping the read back under 300 posts today.
lau.gif

As promised, some pics of cabinet progress.

Just a couple of pics of the aluminum cover for the air channel

View of interior of cabinet and air channel

Filled all 'dead' space between interior and exterior with foam board insulation and sealed all joints with silicone

Interior back wall of cabinet, with PTFE panel installed.

Adjoining interior wall with panel installed

All panels installed, with the exception of the top interior panel. All panels were silicones on the back to subframe, and then fastened to subframe using stainless pan head scews.

I tend to build things bullet proof. A cooler bator probably would have been a lot less work and less cost, but I had most of the material lying around.
Top panel not installed to allow for wiring and vents that need to be done. Once that is in place, all seams on the interior panels will be sealed as well to make for easier cleaning and disinfecting between hatches.

Now for the read back.

My Grand daughters finally went home at supper time, they were asleep before they made it to the higways ( 2 miles)
gig.gif

Gave me a chance to finish framing my cabinet for my new bator after dinner!
Got a bit further than the pics show, I will get more as it progresses.
Gonna call it a night, take care everyone!
frow.gif
@canadachickens got any updates to this?

Hi all! It's gotten quiet!! I asked earlier, but didn't see a response. I am using a fish tank air bubbler to blow moist warm air into my incubator. I have just used it at lockdown. Should I leave it in for the entire 21 days?

Thanks!!
Have you been having humidity issues with your hatches?

Here,is the hen and drake I'm getting.
Looks nice Chicken Hawk!

Good evening everyone!
Just got 2 dozen eggs locally a mix of some marans, giants, silver win, austros, sussex, welsummer. Have no idea which eggs are which (except for the marans) will be setting these on Saturday for the hatch along
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

It's so hard resisting setting them now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom