INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have a hedgie, his name was Sonic (real original, huh?). He was a great pet! He'd wake up and crawl all over me when I'd bring him out of his cage, even in the day. And he loved having his soft little tummy pet
love.gif
No gloves required, though he'd always curl up in a ball when I'd reach in the cage for him. Sounds like your pair wasn't handled enough (they are noisy little buggers at night though).

frow.gif
Morning folks!
Morning

Yep, Pa DR refuses to give up on it. We are the only state that they are illegal in that survivability is 100% impossible over the winter. They have raided private breeders and private homes consisting of just a pet or 2 and they euthanize in every case. There are groups started and bills introduced to repeal the law based on its senseless nature.
I know zilch about hedgehogs. What's Pa's problem with them? Invasive species? Destructive? Disease carriers?

Good morning all,

Ok all you hatchaholics and hatch experts, I am picking up hatching eggs on Thursday. Couple of questions, after bringing them home, should I let them sit for a day or so, or should I set them right away? I ask cause last year we incubated directly from our flock. Just wasn't sure if the eggs should get acclimated to our house etc before tossing them in the bator.

I guess I only had one questions...for now. :D

Last edited:
my,muscovy is fixing to lay an egg.I hope the drake has breed with her in the four days I have had him.I never seen them.so we will see.and my broody is broody and setting on no eggs.
So,give her some eggs; gotta fill those 7 cabinets with something. Might as well be the eggs her chicks eventually lay.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Ok all you hatchaholics and hatch experts, I am picking up hatching eggs on Thursday. Couple of questions, after bringing them home, should I let them sit for a day or so, or should I set them right away? I ask cause last year we incubated directly from our flock. Just wasn't sure if the eggs should get acclimated to our house etc before tossing them in the bator.

I guess I only had one questions...for now.
big_smile.png
I'm pretty sure you can just toss them in the bator as long as they aren't chilled or anything like that, just like if they came from you're own flock.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can just toss them in the bator as long as they aren't chilled or anything like that, just like if they came from you're own flock.

Ok great, my understanding is they are not being chilled and are being stored in a turner. They should be about 6-7 days old. Getting eggcited and nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom