INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It's considered under the invasive species act, which holds true in states like California, Florida, & Texas. All other states recognize that they are non invasive, as they will die with extended temps of 75 degrees or less, except for Pa. Pennsylvania Game Commission knows they are non invasive, it's just a long standing battle of the wills between the breeders and PGC. PGC refuses to concede...it's pride.

Pennsylvania
A very unfortunate political battle has developed within the State of Pennsylvania making hedgehogs illegal to the point where threats have been made against even the transport of hedgehogs through the state on the way to another state.
All of this is the result of an initial (and unusual) law established in the 1990's. Under that law, hedgehogs within the state were legal, but it was illegal to import fresh bloodlines into the state. A few breeders violated that law resulting in the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) declaring all out war on all hedgehogs within the state. Breeder's homes have been raided and their hedgehogs confiscated with all of the zeal of a major drug bust. Suffice it to say, owning a hedgehog in Pennsylvania under the draconian rule of PGC is extremely dangerous for both owner and hedgehog.

Good morning all,

Ok all you hatchaholics and hatch experts, I am picking up hatching eggs on Thursday. Couple of questions, after bringing them home, should I let them sit for a day or so, or should I set them right away? I ask cause last year we incubated directly from our flock. Just wasn't sure if the eggs should get acclimated to our house etc before tossing them in the bator.

I guess I only had one questions...for now.
big_smile.png
Let 'em sit for a day, fat end up, as long as they aren't several days old when you get 'em

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine I have an update
1 of 2 goose eggs have hatched and other is pipped.
7 quail chicks and I have 8 others in lockdown that havent showed any pips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom