INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's always scary when you walk in on them like that! Cute.

Our first hatch has begun. One last night didnt make it. We have another one out of its shell and a few more trying to peck out. Lets hope the rest make it. I have a video, but not sure how to pist it on here.
woot.gif
Sorry the one didn't make it.

Some of my 5-6 week olds. If they were a musical group I think I'd name them "Funky chicks with attitude".
Oh my, those are adorable!

Our first hatch has begun. One last night didnt make it. We have another one out of its shell and a few more trying to peck out. Lets hope the rest make it. I have a video, but not sure how to pist it on here.
welcome-byc.gif
, and welcome to our thread. We hope you find it informative and enjoyable.

What kind of incubator are you using? Still air or fan? You have a turner?
What are you hatching? Shipped, or your own?
You using a hygrometer, I hope? Have it and your thermometers been calibrated?

Last edited:
Little giant from TS. Hatching americuna eggs from my hens. No turner, we have been turning 1 or 2 times a day. Its a still air incubator. No calubrating has been done, using it as it came out if the box. Started with a clutch of 12. Not sure if they were all fertile or not, but as it sits 5 are starting pip out of the shell.

Little giant from TS. Hatching americuna eggs from my hens. No turner, we have been turning 1 or 2 times a day. Its a still air incubator. No calubrating has been done, using it as it came out if the box. Started with a clutch of 12. Not sure if they were all fertile or not, but as it sits 5 are starting pip out of the shell.
You should check out the articles at the beginning of this thread; the're very informative, and invaluable; they'll answer about any question you could have.

Keep an eye on that LG. There's a reason they're known as the incubator "people love to hate".Several of the people here use them with no problems, while others have problems with unexplained temperature spikes.

If you have any problems with this hatch or subsequent ones, don't be shy about asking for help; that the main reason this thread was started. It was started in November of '15, and is already one of the most active threads on BYC.

Good morning/afternoon all. I am feeling EVERY muscle that I abused in yesterday's mud run. So I am moving very slow. It is a beautiful day today, so I'm just popping in with a quick update. I candled everything except my day 3's. I pulled several more of my own silkie eggs....all laid on 2/3, 2/4, and 2/5. Everything before those and after are good. Black silkie is still the only roo playing with the ladies. Did he have a few bad days?

I have some seriously saddled air cells on some of my day 18 eggs. The air cell is clearly visible, but there is another dip that doesn't look like it's the air cell. What is it?

I should add that the air cell dips the same on the other side but I don't have the dip with the ridge at the top like this one has.

As far as my broody hens, baby #4 hatched. Blue mama follow her's around. White mama is sitting on the newest baby and the last 3 eggs.

Last edited:
Good morning/afternoon all. I am feeling EVERY muscle that I abused in yesterday's mud run. So I am moving very slow. It is a beautiful day today, so I'm just popping in with a quick update. I candled everything except my day 3's. I pulled several more of my own silkie eggs....all laid on 2/3, 2/4, and 2/5. Everything before those and after are good. Black silkie is still the only roo playing with the ladies. Did he have a few bad days?

I have some seriously saddled air cells on some of my day 18 eggs. The air cell is clearly visible, but there is another dip that doesn't look like it's the air cell. What is it?
I should add that the air cell dips the same on the other side but I don't have the dip with the ridge at the top like this one has.

As far as my broody hens, baby #4 hatched. Blue mama follow her's around. White mama is sitting on the newest baby and the last 3 eggs.
So you're feeling like 61 more so than 16? I know that feeling
tongue.png
What I used to do all day long now takes me all day long to do! Hard as it probably is to believe today, this too shall pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom