INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what the brooder looks like post fix for my baby

Last edited:
@h2oratt - what an AWESOME find!!!!

It's totally stressful filling an incubator to hatch as many chicks as I did for the Easter HAL (with my hatching history), but it is going GREAT! I have not had to help anyone (other than washing a little goop off a back). I'm currently at 26 hatched, 8 still working on it. One baby that I hatched on Thursday from a different group, had spraddle leg that it's currently hobbled for, and it's doing great.

Here are some of the babies

The 3 stripes one is gimpy!!!

Here is the current temporary brooder.

Tomorrow they will be moving to a brooder like this one.

Congratulations! Such a lovely variety of chicks.

I now have 2 batches of shipped eggs in my old bator. (Second batch went in a couple of hours ago.) Hubby finished the wiring on the new bator, and it's working up to speed. Any readers have tips for managing temps when using the STC 1000? I assume that I put the sensor at the top of the eggs, in the most central location, and check the periphery temps with my thermometer? I hope to move the shipped eggs over to the new bator this evening, and add my gender selected eggs also. Expecting to set: 9 + 13 shipped, and about 24 gender selected.

help, ASAP I don't know if anyone is having the same trouble with these flying little gnat things that bite and suck blood. but here in Louisiana where we're at they're all around the chicken coop and we don't know what to do. We had our pair of Silkies out in the cage to get some grass.well just now I went to pick them up.and the flys where covering around his eyes Like crazy.sucking his blood.both of them.it's horrible what do I do.HELP ASAP he is weak

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine Hatch update: 2 bantam Phoenix out, 1 bantam is pipped, and 4 barnyard mix eggs are pipped. I saw a SiAm wiggle, but that was yesterday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it.

@casportpony I successfully tube fed my sick rooster, it was mostly water with some grower feed the I powdered and mixed in. He got 14ml of it and I plan to do it again later tonight. He perked up a lot after the feeding, he even drank sugar water and devoured a dandelion and wandered around the yard grazing for a bit. Should I mix honey in next time, or the chick electrolyte powder? Or both?

help, ASAP I don't know if anyone is having the same trouble with these flying little gnat things that bite and suck blood. but here in Louisiana where we're at they're all around the chicken coop and we don't know what to do. We had our pair of Silkies out in the cage to get some grass.well just now I went to pick them up.and the flys where covering around his eyes Like crazy.sucking his blood.both of them.it's horrible what do I do.HELP ASAP he is weak

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP . There called bull nats

I'm sorry Chicken Hawk, I have no idea what to do. Maybe someone will come along that know something about it.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom