INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there is any possibility of saving him? I'm not too worried if I can't. Should I cull him to end his suffering? I have pregnazone and menacyclene... Will the antibiotic fight it or will it just help in the meantime? I'm thinking he might have cancer, but I don't know.

I am back. See you didn't even miss me.

So @kwhites634 any work on the coop today?
@MotorcycleChickAre you feeling better?
@JessimomHow are the chicks and eggs?
C...106 how is the chick with the bad foot?

I now have 26 chicks I have a few eggs still in the incubator but I don't think any more will hatch. I had a 70% hatch my best ever.

My brother gave some bantam eggs to hatch for him and I put in some LF eggs from my chicks. I need to give the bantams back to my brother. My problem is some of my eggs were pullet eggs and a few of the chicks I'm not sure if they are a bantam or a LF chick. I'm driving 270 miles to deliver his chicks so I really don't want to take any of the wrong chicks.

I'm letting my brother borrow my incubator for awhile. So I really to get working on my coolor bator So I can set some more

Do you think there is any possibility of saving him? I'm not too worried if I can't. Should I cull him to end his suffering? I have pregnazone and menacyclene... Will the antibiotic fight it or will it just help in the meantime? I'm thinking he might have cancer, but I don't know.
without tests you can try the antibiotic. It may work. Wait for Kathy's dosage or other response. I hope it helps.

I now have 26 chicks I have a few eggs still in the incubator but I don't think any more will hatch.  I had a 70% hatch my best ever. 

My brother gave some bantam eggs to hatch for him and I put in some LF eggs from my chicks.  I need to give the bantams back to my brother.  My problem is some  of my eggs were pullet eggs and a few of the chicks I'm not sure if they are a bantam or a LF chick.   I'm driving 270  miles to deliver his chicks so I really don't want to take any of the wrong chicks. 

I'm letting my brother borrow my incubator for awhile.  So I really to get working on my coolor bator So I can set some more
Congratulations! Oh no, you will be batorless like me, oh the horror ;)

celebrate.gif
. They look very cute. Why only one Lav.?
Well, originally my wait-list order was larger and I got 5 of them. But that was before I ended up hatching my Cream Legbars this year (earlier than intended) due to rooster injury and Mareks. So I freaked out about how many chicks were coming, and so I cut the order back to the original goal - GNHs and BCMs. I threw in some olive eggers for fun. But come hatch time, she was one olive egger short, so she threw back in one lavender plus and extra BCM, to make my own. Soon... that's why only one. I may get more later, but I really have my hands full already this year.

My sick young roo is still in the same place as last night, where I placed him in a nesting box. His wings are kinda droopy, he looks quite alert, but his poop is extremely odd to me. He looks exhausted and feels extremely hot to me. I brought him in the house and put him on the cool tile floor. Here are some pictures of his poop, don't look if you don't want to see! Also included pictures of him!
[/

@casportpony @Sally Sunshine
I hate to raise the possibility, but what about Mareks disease? If you feel his keel, is he thin? They can hide being sick really well. I hope it's something reversible, but this is similar to what happened to my Paula the day before she died. I had no idea she was sick.

- Ant Farm

His poop looks just like in the pictures from The Chicken Chick. The same to me. The one in the nest box is full of the poop that looks like the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom