INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok he's in Redding. About 3 hours north of me. What a selection of birds he has. Wow.

I've driven farther to get chicks. I'll have to keep him in mind.

I have thought about driving up there to get eggs or chicks. I do t like the shipping thing. My chocolate orp is from his birds.

Sally the Araucana cockerel I have old was the one that was malpo. In the first hatch and that i had to help it. I did not think it will survive!
Congratulations on a nice bird and good money for it :)
@Fire Ant FarmAny improvement?
@JessimomHow are the chicks from the hatch?
@MotorcycleChick We miss you, and hope your internet is working soon.
@kwhites634Any progress on the coop?
@Sally SunshineI hope you had a great day, and I still think your Brahmas are awesome!
:frow to everybody I missed. I am out of time. Game night ;)

@DwayneNLizHere are better, or at least daylight pictures of the litter you asked for.

Wow. They look good

I have thought about driving up there to get eggs or chicks. I do t like the shipping thing. My chocolate orp is from his birds.

Me either I've driven to Visalia before to pick up chicks. Stopping in Ceres to drop off mother in law and wife to visit sister in law. So two birds with one trip so to speak. That was a long day driving

@Sally Sunshine I finished my hatch today and moved my chicks from the incubator. I have 31 chicks out of 32 that went to lockdown. The one that did not make it was zipping almost oblong in the shell. It was fully developed. I waited too late to assist. So I have 31 out of 32 for a hatch rate of 97% in my LG 9200 still air.
Awesome!!!!!! :ya
. Thank you. One improvement for me this time is that I kept the chicks in the incubator 3 days from the first pip and zip until the last chick hatched. I started the lockdown with about 60% humidity. With the first hatchling the humidity went to about 90% humidity and remained until I removed the 31 chicks. They are all healthy and vibrant. Thanks for your positive vibes.

Just throwing this out there for anyone to comment on. I am terrible in math

30 mg/kg amoxicillin for chickens.
Is this dose correct? Found it on another thread,

If so is my math correct?
Chick weighs 30 grams
So dose at .09 cc

But I have to make my solution
this would only be correct if my solution was 30 mg in a cc

How would I make that from a 250 mg capsule?

Can you tube feeds 30 gram chick?

Please don't mock me. I am number challenged.

The dose I have been told to use is 125 mg/kg. Will your capsule dissolve in water? If so, dissolve capsule in 10 ml of water and give 0.15 ml (3.75 mg) twice a day.

Why do you want to give such a small chick antibiotics?

-Kathy

HI Whites did you get the BBQ up and running?

I've not done a thing here all day. Cold has the best of me

Sorry about that cold my friend....

Seriously the same here. Very busy road and it's literally a parking lot. I guess when some one gets a fish on every one yells fish on and all other lines are pulled out. Fail to see the fun there.

FISH ON !!!!!!!!

Nice piglets..... DAX

Good morning everyone!
Quick update-
Candled eggs in bator last night after fan failure/replacement
Several clears, but most all showing good progress/development
Some eggs too dark to see clearly, but suspect still viable!

Whites, caught your comment about fan wiring yesterday. Wiring plenty heavy enough for load, fans have been re-purposed from old computers, so probably old age rather than wiring issues. Almost out of used ones, might have to break down and buy some new ones.

Phil, sorry to hear about the sleep issues again. I have bouts of insomnia and they leave me drained too. Saw your comments regarding the better half, I will leave that alone and hope and pray all turns out ok. Enjoy the races later!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Good news!!!!

Well, she squished the runt, but it was not as mobile as well as being small. It is still sad. For a first litter eleven healthy is good for me. She will sell with them.
oh no DAX!!! did you say this is common!!! that sucks!! I always worry about this with puppies!!! I try to stay awake to be sure they dont the first day!!!

@Sally Sunshine official set count(after a bit of confusion on my part)
21 svart hona(put 4 of these under a broody)
4 black Hmong
5 hona/Hmong x
Set 4/8 6am
24 hours in with no temp spikes and humidity holding in the 30s%
Location; front porch
Current weather; God awful
Possible bator name; The Tank
clap.gif

I'm sure I'll never be able to catch up on posts! Been MIA...hubby has strain B of the flu and is really sick, I'm now sick and night before last, the hospital called us and said my son's blood cultures had grown bacteria and they needed us to come back ASAP (at 9pm they called and the hospital is a little over 1.5hrs away) So we were at the hospital all night and now we're home BUT waiting on results from NEW blood cultures and additional tests.

ANYWAY! We're all resting, hydrating - I've prob never felt so awful and tired in my whole life.

Hope everyone else is doing way better than us!
2764.png
1f60a.png
I am so sorry, Praying he feels better and the rest of you and tests are coming clean!!

Ok, yesterday I found a dead chick in my brooder. Today I have a baby that can't seem to walk, she is laying down with a wing lifted. If she does try to walk, she sort of scoots, doesn't stand up

This is the chick I found yesterday. It's the one up against the wall.

These chicks have been getting vitamins in every 3rd water change.. any idea what might be wrong?
oh no!! I say cocci, Kathy that is the lovely chick too awwww the sweet little thing :( I am sorry

@Sally Sunshine

14 of 15 Ameraucana eggs are growing, 1 is clear
at least 6 of 9 Bielefelder eggs are growing. Some are harder to see into than others So I will leave them all in until day 15.
GREAT news Saris!!!!

Quote: OMGoodnes!!!! how adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom