Incubation=frustration

WhiteCollarWeezy

Positive Chick
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2022
Central Arkansas
So I realized
20230822_214407.jpg
I use this incubator only because I can purchase an egg turner in the same transaction. TSC...just realized the egg turner was overheating and the internal temp of incubator was 2 high. Lost 40 souls. Smh. So am very disappointed and need help placing the "crates" on an egg turner that is not over heated

So I realized View attachment 3617045I use this incubator only because I can purchase an egg turner in the same transaction. TSC...just realized the egg turner was overheating and the internal temp of incubator was 2 high. Lost 40 souls. Smh. So am very disappointed and need help placing the "crates" on an egg turner that is not over heated

Attachments

• 16927595324244729713709057678221.jpg
    16927595324244729713709057678221.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 6
I bought this incubator and it is trash, see the thread about it. It heats too quickly and the temperature is fluctuates constantly . Quite a bit, a few degrees. I have seen a lot of them for sale used this year. I saved the egg turner and tossed the incubator.

Sorry you have to learn the hard way, but it's better that you learn now before you set eggs again...
Never trust the built-in reading on a incubator.
By a separate thermometer or three to calibrate before you set eggs again.
Do the same for a humidity gauge.

I highly recommend these:
Limited-time deal: Govee Hygrometer Thermometer 3Pack H5100, Mini Bluetooth Temperature Humidity Sensor with APP Notification Alert, 2 Years Free Data Storage Export, 230 Feet Connecting Range https://a.co/d/2XYJCSj
Screenshot_20230828-155327.png

I bought this incubator and it is trash, see the thread about it. It heats too quickly and the temperature is fluctuates constantly . Quite a bit, a few degrees. I have seen a lot of them for sale used this year. I saved the egg turner and tossed the incubator.
It's not trash...you can make it work perfectly if you keep it in a stable temp room and have calibrated instruments.

Disposed of the egg turners that was over heating and need help placing "crates" properly in brand new egg turner....that does not over heat
This thread is a little sideways.
Are you trying to rebuild a turner? Pic looks like it..... sorta.
What do you mean it over heated? Or how did you come to that conclusion?
My incubator uses 6 of these turners. I've had new, used, GQFs version and the LG/FI version. Those motors get hot. It's just how they are.
If the turner binds up they'll can get even hotter but they'll then burn out.
Not sure what yours did.
Not sure another turner is gonna make things better. I haven't used the FI model but it's thermostat looks identical to the LG's thermostat which is junk imo. They don't hold steady temps and often spike. That may have been your issue.
Maybe it was a turner issue and I have rebuilt a few.
Ya you need a proper thermometer because the styrofoam incubators with digital controls are more often off then correct. Regardless if your room isn't a controlled temperature or if your turner is running warm the thermostat should compensate for that unless either is pushing to a constant temperature over 100°.

This thread is a little sideways.
Are you trying to rebuild a turner? Pic looks like it..... sorta.
What do you mean it over heated? Or how did you come to that conclusion?
My incubator uses 6 of these turners. I've had new, used, GQFs version and the LG/FI version. Those motors get hot. It's just how they are.
If the turner binds up they'll can get even hotter but they'll then burn out.
Not sure what yours did.
Not sure another turner is gonna make things better. I haven't used the FI model but it's thermostat looks identical to the LG's thermostat which is junk imo. They don't hold steady temps and often spike. That may have been your issue.
Maybe it was a turner issue and I have rebuilt a few.
Ya you need a proper thermometer because the styrofoam incubators with digital controls are more often off then correct. Regardless if your room isn't a controlled temperature or if your turner is running warm the thermostat should compensate for that unless either is pushing to a constant temperature over 100°.
I may have been a little sideways when i made this thread. Had just realized i overheated 40+ chicks from my own stupidity i suppose. I noticed the digital reading on top of incubator was 103.5. the motor on the included egg turner was very very hot to the touch i could feel the heat when i reached for the thermometer i keep on the inside. Both thermometers read the same. Now I may have used this incubator 5-6times, pretty much back to back, only letting it rest during lockdown and hatch, so may have been overworked. Apparently I got what I paid for. Whenever I purchased this incubator I didnt trust it so i placed a thermometer on the inside just to be safe. I do not want to rebuild the turner. My honey bought an indentical incubator but it went faulty after 3 uses. So I have an extra turner, and wanted to install the quial rails. I figured out how to remove the included rails after breaking a few, but could not figure out how to install quail rails on the extra turner. Then after i made this thread i realized why even risk using that junky turner when it may have the same result. Thanks for the feedback. Im hand turning until i can get something else going.

Sorry you have to learn the hard way, but it's better that you learn now before you set eggs again...
Never trust the built-in reading on a incubator.
By a separate thermometer or three to calibrate before you set eggs again.
Do the same for a humidity gauge.

I highly recommend these:
Limited-time deal: Govee Hygrometer Thermometer 3Pack H5100, Mini Bluetooth Temperature Humidity Sensor with APP Notification Alert, 2 Years Free Data Storage Export, 230 Feet Connecting Range https://a.co/d/2XYJCSjView attachment 3621821
Wow those are fancy. will have to look into that. I like the bluetooth feature for sure. now i do not use a humidity gauge, had never heard of such until i joined, i always thought that all incubators read humidity along with the digital temp on top. I figured if my temperatures match then surely humidity is accurate on digital also. Had no idea you could purchase something that read humidity that was not already installed on incubator but the digital control so far has always matched the one i placed on inside as far as temperature goes. at first i did not like this styrofoam incubator, but they are a convenient buy and I have hatched many chicks out of it. use a different smaller incubator on quail beacuse i hatched only a couple dozen countrix in styrofoam incubator. Seems to me my chickens hatch great in the stryofoam, but the quail not so much. thank you.

Back
Top Bottom