incubation help?

Can you be more specific with your question? Also, I'm not sure what you mean by sterilizing them, but you will get the best results by not washing or treating the eggs in any way. The hen coats the eggs prior to laying with a coating designed to keep out bacteria. Interfering with that by washing makes the egg more vulnerable to contamination. Once bacteria enters the egg, it rarely ends well. For best results I incubate eggs that are clean enough upon collection to not need washing, and that are within 7 days of being laid.

Ok I'm happy I have unwashed extras, also, I mean when will they hatch, what temperature and humidity should the incubator be at?

Are you incubating chicken eggs? If so approx 21 days untill they hatch. Nothing set in stone though they can be anything from 19 - 25 days depending on many factors. Temp for forced air (fan) incubator > 95.5 f. Still air incubator (no fan) 101 -102 f the temp should be measured at the top of the eggs for still air. Humidity can vary for different people their incubator homes and environment. For me I like 45% day 1-18 then when I stop turning for lockdown on day 18 I put it up to at least 65% for hatch. Humidity needs to be an average over the entire incubation period in order for the eggs to lose enough moisture and the air sac to grow adequatly for the chick to pip into safely.
Please do give this article a read lots of super info on incubating https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Good luck.

I have one more question. I have a little giant incubator, what adjustments should I make to insure hatching healthy happy eggs? I dont have an automatic egg turner either

I have one more question. I have a little giant incubator, what adjustments should I make to insure hatching healthy happy eggs? I dont have an automatic egg turner either
I use a little giant as well. Which model do you have and is it still air or forced air. Many of us styrofoam users have found that running a low humidity incubation gives us the top hatch rates. I use this method and swear by it for styro bators. You must have an accurate (checked) thermometer/hygrometer to be sure that your temps and humidity are right and it doesn't matter wether they are new or not, they should be checked. I use this method in my little giant: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity the link Yorkshire gave you is also an excellent source of info for overall hatching. The link I gave you goes straight to the humidity post, but there are many other posts on the whole process in the blog. I wish you good luck and lotsof babies!

Back
Top Bottom