Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Is your EGG Shadowing YET?? Has the Air Cell DIPPED? Whats your humidity at? Where's your Temp. Did you decide YES or NO on the Safe Hole?, He's probably Upside down is my guess, because he should have made some progress,

What was the Temp Humidity at UP until this POINT??

Safe HOLE will still send Air into the shell wether he's internally pipped or not.

Looking at the last Duck, Can you tell me if his fur was Hard or Soft. What I seen, is his head fur was flat perhaps wet which would make ABSOLUTE since because you were wetting his membrane. BUT his Neck fur was sticking outward, the only time they would stick outward is if he's drying off OR, he's VERY sticky....then they get HARD and STICK out.. But his Fur was in Chunks which tells me they were hard and sticky but again it could be because he was starting to dry off.

Another thing I saw Was his VEINS, very important, SOME of his veins were Discolored, which tells me, that a vein broke or Dried up, If they dried up they cause a Blood clot and the process ends. Very important to keep those VEINS wet..

So I wonder did that guy have any blood flowing at any time to cause those veins to discolor? If so that would explain why the process ended.. IF not, then he was just not wet enough and was drying out.. then I would question the Humidity. Is your humidity up high enough?

Ok so there I said it. LOL

It's been my experience that Sally's guide can be applied to *all* fowl (turkeys, peafowl, duck and Guineas are what I've used it on), not *just* chickens. To me it makes sense to make the hole where they would make it, but to each their own.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

LOL, you and I always have something to agree and disagree about. Who's right who's wrong? NO ONE, we are both correct, we just take different approaches and doing the best we can..

So @casportpony and @Lacrystol what do you ladies recommend I do for this last egg?
I'm open to anything at this point.

TAKE this into consideration, how much progress is the little guy making sitting in that egg? What do you think his chances are? How long do you think he can survive in the egg? You are already WAY past your due date. So you can either let him do his thing and hope he succeeds or you can attempt to assist. IT"S all up to you, you are there we are not, this is your call..

no one here and I MEAN NO ONE HERE can tell you that your decision was the ABSOLUTE WRONG ONE.

SO WHAT EVER YOU DECIDE, IT WILL BE THE RIGHT CHOICE, NO MATTER WHAT THE OUT COME IS..

Made hole in two eggs. The other three eggs look really bizarre and I think the yolk might be stuck on one, maybe broken in the others. Wish I could get video to work.

-Kathy

TAKE this into consideration, how much progress is the little guy making sitting in that egg?  What do you think his chances are?  How long do you think he can survive in the egg?  You are already WAY past your due date.  So you can either let him do his thing and hope he succeeds or you can attempt to assist.  IT"S all up to you, you are there we are not, this is your call..

no one here and I MEAN NO ONE HERE can tell you that your decision was the ABSOLUTE WRONG ONE. 

SO WHAT EVER YOU DECIDE, IT WILL BE THE RIGHT CHOICE, NO MATTER WHAT THE OUT COME IS..

If I'd made a desicion earlier yesterday, I would have attempted to help. Then last night when I candled him, his air cell has grown by about a quarter again in 24 hrs.
This leaves me thinking, is he legitimately just late to bloom?
I did make him a safe hole and I made it half way between where both of you were saying because I just couldn't decide.
The reason I have not helped at this stage is because of that excess fluid looking gap that is still left between him and the air cell. That combined with the fact that his air cell has grown tremendously in the last 24 hrs makes me think hes just not ready and im scared after egg number 1.

Is your EGG Shadowing YET??  Has the Air Cell DIPPED?  Whats your humidity at?  Where's your Temp.  Did you decide YES or NO on the Safe Hole?, He's probably Upside down is my guess, because he should have made some progress,

What was the Temp Humidity at UP until this POINT??

Safe HOLE will still send Air into the shell wether he's internally pipped or not. 

Looking at the last Duck, Can you tell me if his fur was Hard or Soft.  What I seen, is his head fur was flat perhaps wet which would make ABSOLUTE since because you were wetting his membrane.  BUT his Neck fur was sticking outward, the only time they would stick outward is if he's drying off OR, he's VERY sticky....then they get HARD and STICK out.. But his Fur was in Chunks which tells me they were hard and sticky but again it could be because he was starting to dry off.

Another thing I saw Was his VEINS, very important, SOME of his veins were Discolored, which tells me, that a vein broke or Dried up, If they dried up they cause a Blood clot and the process ends.  Very important to keep those VEINS wet.. 

So I wonder did that guy have any blood flowing at any time to cause those veins to discolor?  If so that would explain why the process ended..  IF not, then he was just not wet enough and was drying out.. then I would question the Humidity.  Is your humidity up high enough?

Ok so there I said it.  LOL

First of all, THANKYOU! I really needed that feedback.
The first duckling had very soft and silky hair. Quite a lot of it came out when I wiped him before burying him.
Also, at the air sac end where the yolk sac was, on that inner membrane there was a small section along the side where it met the egg that would not absorb moisture when I wet him. While the rest of that membrane went opaque, this section stayed white and I could not see through it. Perhaps that large vein that went over the yolk sac went into that?

Egg number 2 has still not internally pipped, nor has he made any progress that I (the untrained eye) can see.
The air sac is growing tremendously and is starting to meet up with where he finishes. It has grown by over a quarter of its size in 24-36 hours. I'm not quite sure what you mean by shadowing sorry?
I did make a safe hole but I didn't do that till about 5 hours ago as I was undecided.
My humidity is currently hovering in the mid 60% area, though I am trying to get it back up to 70%. The temp is at 37.2ºC.
During lock down the temp has been all over the place, as low as 35ish briefly and is at it's highest now. The humidity was at low 60% but was taken up to high 60% - 70% and has stayed there until last night.
During incubation, temp was consistently at 37.5ºC and humidity was in the mid 20% area.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom