Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Checked my egg this morning and noticed a funny black area is this normal?

Possible a vein that has moved around..

And here are some pics of egg number two as I took her out of her shell.
That last one was a pea sized pretty firm lump (almost like hard ear wax) that fell out her membrane. Sorry it's not clear but I found it curious.
It wasn't attached to anything but was sitting next to her head on the side of her yolk sac. Any idea what it might be?
Also, a lot of the blood/membrane that is in that shell was the stuff I took off that was still around her. It wasn't already in the shell.

OK GIRLS HERES YOUR TEST WHAT DO YOU SEE THAT WENT TOTALLY WRONG HERE.

That last one was a pea sized pretty firm lump (almost like hard ear wax) that fell out her membrane. Sorry it's not clear but I found it curious.
It wasn't attached to anything but was sitting next to her head on the side of her yolk sac. Any idea what it might be?
Also, a lot of the blood/membrane that is in that shell was the stuff I took off that was still around her. It wasn't already in the shell.

Sorry I love throwing testes at everyone to see if they see what I see, I do this hoping the outcome is a learning experience for them. Lol

Ok here's what I'm seeing..

The first thing is VERY obvious to me, his leg? Not in the correct position for him to absorb. This tells me right off the bat he's got a deformation, if he was able to get out he probably would not live very long, it's hard to walk on a leg that is twisted up that way. Possible cause, being on the turner.

Chickens can successfully be incubated in a turner with no issues as long as you have the large end up. DUCKS all new ball game, they do not do well on a turner. UNLESS YOU place them on a turner like I do. How do I do it? Well I'm soooooo glad you asked, lol. (Why am I answering myself). Lol. If you go to my website www.lwbarnhouse.com click on the duck tab, underneath the duck tab I have posted TWO methods on how I hatched out calls, this works for any kind of diucks as well as chickens, if you click on method TWo, the lazy method I have a picture there as how I incubate a duck egg on the turner. Yes In a laying down position, I simply tape the eggs to the turner.

Now second thing I see is he looks very constricted, I would say STICKY, to much humidity at some point during your incubating period.

Third the clump, this is usually a thick gooy sticky clump that comes out when they are to sticky. If you we're to rub it between your fingers they would probably start sticking together. It's really thick this basically suffocates them and restricts them from being able to absorb. So even if you didn't intervene and just left him this would have killed him either way. That is why I said don't feel bad about what you did. You at least tried to give him a chance...

With what he looks likes he had every against him.. It's amazing he lived as long as he did.

Iso there there's my book. Lol

Back
Top Bottom