Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Right after hatch at two days old

12 days later or two weeks old

old.gif

Last edited:
I have a question, I know all of your Muscovy's will be white, is the pink bill indication of a white adult??? In the last hatch I have a few solid yellow with the pink bill and a few with a darker one. Just daydreaming about my rainbow of ducklings and what they may turn into LOL!
Your little guys are growing so fast, very beautiful!

I have a question, I know all of your Muscovy's will be white, is the pink bill indication of a white adult??? In the last hatch I have a few solid yellow with the pink bill and a few with a darker one. Just daydreaming about my rainbow of ducklings and what they may turn into LOL!

It is my understanding (and I could very well be wrong) that if a Muscovy duckling is 100% yellow and has a pink bill and pink looking feet and legs, it will be a white adult. I think the ducklings bills look a pinkish/lavender color, but I suppose people would call it pink.

I haven't raised enough Muscovy ducklings to really give you a good assessment, so take my thoughts for what they are worth,.....about 2 cents.......:)

old.gif

Last edited:

with the darker bill you could end up with anything in the blue, grey, lavender range... USUALLY those ducklings will also have a greyish tinge to their down... but I have had a few that surprised me by being all yellow and turning a pale lavender as they grew up.

lol.. others may have different experiences... but so far the whites for me always had a pinkish bill at hatch...

I have another clutch in the incubator and since I moved it inside, the relative humidity is running at 27-34%. Seven minutes ago was 48 hours in and I just turned the auto turner on

old.gif

Last edited:
For what's worth........Last night was two weeks into incubation for my second clutch of the French White Muscovy eggs. I weighed, candled and laid them on their side and misted. Three of the fourteen candled clear and I removed them. As far as weight loss, three were right on the money, two need to gain one gram and six need to lose one more gram to be where they should be at two weeks with a 5.6% weight loss. I have incubated dry until a few days ago when I added a bowl, about the size of a pie pan, of water in the bottom of the 'bator. Now, for a while they get hand turned once a day while still in the auto turner, cooled and misted daily. Trying to keep humidity in the low to mid thirty percent range.

old.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom