Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Well, now I am wondering if I photographed the side of the egg that shows the dip! 

Kathy - that's awesome!  It helped me know what Lori meant by "dip."  I am such a novice!

Lori - I sent you a PM with several photos.  Kathy (and Lydia!), if you are interested in seeing the photos, I would be happy to send them to you, too.  They are sad...

Glad that helped! Thanks to Lydia (I think) who showed me that link.

I would like to see the pictures so send me a PM.

-Kathy

IF they are all as sticky as peeper, then you need to lower that humidity now. If you can get another gage, that would be the best thing. Since the others are already Past the 35 days, My guess is they are all Sticky right now..

Tomorrow we will help Number 5 but we must give her 24 hours. Hopefully she can absorb but if she is as sticky as peeper, she'll never do it. We will have to intervene, clean her off as much as we can and help her absorb. OH MAN

CRAP, I just went back and we should have definitely gotten her head out at 1 in the morning. Then she would have been good to go. Well the only thing we can do now, is work on these others.

TAKE ALL SPONGES AND WATER OUT NOW. If they are sticky we don't need them getting thicker. Decrease the humidity, Please check that GAGE, it has to be off. Get your humidity down to about 50, hopefully that will help with the stickiness. Hopefully they will make it until day 37 at LEAST. Im not sure about absorbing, I have a feeling we will need to help them absorb. Hopefully the others are NOT as sticky or as Bad with lowering the humidity for now.

It's hard to get them to absorb when they are that sticky, it's amazing that Peeper was able to accomplish this. Tomorrow, I want you to candle number 5 send me a pic then will determine if we need to act fast.

We should have Listened her to when she looked at you and said "A little help here, I did all the hard work"......LOL...

So prepare for another sleepless night. I"M READY it's the weekend so it won't matter to me.. LOL.

I just knew it, I could beat myself up!!! I had a feeling she was completely absorbed, When I seen that there was NO red or Veins. GRRR **** me, I should have pushed the issue a little more at 1 SHE COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED.. GRRRRR..

Well will try to save the next ones. PLEASE DON'T BE AS STICKY, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEE..

Sorry just sitting here talking to myself..

Last edited:
CRAP, I just went back and we should have definitely gotten her head out at 1 in the morning. Then she would have been good to go. Well the only thing we can do now, is work on these others.

TAKE ALL SPONGES AND WATER OUT NOW. If they are sticky we don't need them getting thicker. Decrease the humidity, Please check that GAGE, it has to be off. Get your humidity down to about 50, hopefully that will help with the stickiness. Hopefully they will make it until day 37 at LEAST. Im not sure about absorbing, I have a feeling we will need to help them absorb. Hopefully the others are NOT as sticky or as Bad with lowering the humidity for now.

It's hard to get them to absorb when they are that sticky, it's amazing that Peeper was able to accomplish this. Tomorrow, I want you to candle number 5 send me a pic then will determine if we need to act fast.

We should have Listened her to when she looked at you and said "A little help here, I did all the hard work"......LOL...

So prepare for another sleepless night. I"M READY it's the weekend so it won't matter to me.. LOL.

Lori,

I thought she looked too wet too - but what do I know? I don't think it is the hygometer (although it could be)...I think I wet her too much that second time you told me to wet her. I think I made her way too wet...Remember? I even told you then that I was afraid I got her too wet.

My fault - and lesson learned. It is a valuable lesson for the future, because other than that, we got her a long way!

Neither of you should beat yourself up, as there are so many things that could have gone wrong. I think both of you did a tremendous job trying to save her.

-Kathy

Neither of you should beat yourself up, as there are so many things that could have gone wrong. I think both of you did a tremendous job trying to save her.

-Kathy
I agree with Kathy hugs to you both.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom