Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Will do!  Does that mean I am wetting him too much Lori?  At what stage in incubation does a duck get "sticky?"  I am figuring I am doing something wrong at some point, but I would like to know what and when...

ABSOLUTELY NOT, by you wetting ducky, you are actually helping, we need to get that nasty gooy stuff off and the only way to do it is by wetting him. So When you wet him, you are actually cleaning that crap off. Once ducky is out you will see what I mean. He will probably need a bath, because with that gooy stuff on him, he's fur will get very hard as he dries off..

Good guess, actually you both are correct...

You could remove about 3/4 of the membrane and he would be ok, the only spot you would NOT want to touch is where the veins are HOWEVER, if there was more shell off around those veins you could push the membrane away from the ducks face to get them out of the way and expose his body more.. Good deal your paying attention...

This was just a test please don't try this... Lol

Glad you said this! After your other post saying we might need to act quickly, I thought you were going to tell me I should start removing the membrane!

We moved the incubator into our family room so we can literally sit and watch him...

Little guy is now doing a head nod - up and down like saying yes - in addition to the side to side - like saying no!

Humidity is 55% - should I increase it?

Back
Top Bottom