Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Boy I understand about room, we have 5.5 acres but it's mostly billy goat land since were in the mountains, and way too expensive for us to fence, so we have 1/2 acres fenced and are at our limit on ducks/geese and chickens, So no babies at all for us this year and I already have a broody duck sitting on nothing,
roll.png

you'll eventually get those broody's AQ, I hate to have to take their eggs but They just want to take over the world and I can't let them here. Will you be able to keep the ones that will and have hatched ?
There are only four - I hope so! Especially Alcatraz - I am kinda smitten with that one!

You can always sell the babies or grow them up til they are big enough and then eat them. Just a suggestion lol. This type of homesteading may not appeal to you.
It does, actually. When I think about how the meat we buy at the store gets there, and what they do to those poor animals in the process, I think I need to become a vegetarian. The problem is, I can't do the killing, and I don't think my husband can, either. I have a friend who owns a 118 acre farm several miles from here, so I could ask him to do it for me. At least then, I know what I am eating had a good life, with good food and fresh air and sunshine and room to roam...and was killed humanely and not tortured before death.

You can always sell the babies or grow them up til they are big enough and then eat them. Just a suggestion lol. This type of homesteading may not appeal to you.

It does, actually.  When I think about how the  meat we buy at the store gets there, and what they do to those poor animals in the process, I think I need to become a vegetarian.  The problem is, I can't do the killing, and I don't think my husband can, either.  I have a friend who owns a 118 acre farm several miles from here, so I could ask him to do it for me.  At least then, I know what I am eating had a good life, with good food and fresh air and sunshine and room to roam...and was killed humanely and not tortured before death.

Neither of us can can do the deed and I breaks my heart when I sell an adult to someone that's going to eat them, but I did recently eat one that a hawk killed... She was still warm when I found her and no damage was done to her intestines, so why not, right?

-Kathy

YEK doesn't appeal to ME...
Me either we actually talked about it when we first started with ducks but my gosh one look in their faces and it's
love.gif
I just go to the grocery store and hunt sales of grass fed ,humanely raised meat. Only thing we have eaten here and that was hard enough was some extra roosters we had hatch.

Back
Top Bottom