Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Weighing is something I plan on doing for my next batch of Muscovies and for my 2014 pea eggs. My goal is to get 95% hatch rates and I think weighing them is probably the right thing for me to do.

-Kathy

You'll get there!

I have been hatching out eggs for over 50 years.. I have 100% hatch rates on undamaged fertile eggs

you just have to know your flock.. tend to it's needs.. practice proper sanitation and handling of the eggs... know how YOUR incubator works in YOUR home... and then let the eggs tell you what THEY need...

after that it's easy peasy to get perfect hatches

Quote:
Exactly... hens don't artificially incubate their eggs.. they do what nature intended .. and even then they have failures because of predators, bacteria, disease or just being clumsy with their eggs...

Once you take the "natural incubation" out of the equation you can fix the issues and one step in doing that is to monitor the eggs by weighing or checking air cell growth

if people are happy with low hatch rates then that's fine for them... but for me personally.. I prefer to have every undamaged fertile egg that I place into the incubator hatch with no issues

Seven out, two to go! Here they are:

-Kathy

love.gif

There is definitely an art to this and I have so much to learn, so thanks for helping, I appreciate it. This incubating "thing" is new to me and was quite disastrous last peafowl season when only 4 of 10 eggs hatched.

-Kathy

Thanks yinepu !

One could learn what may have taken years from your hatching directions. I learned and my hatch rate has been much better and I haven't changed incubators, just the way I do it.

Reminds me, I have goose eggs to turn.....

Bob

There is definitely an art to this and I have so much to learn, so thanks for helping, I appreciate it. This incubating "thing" is new to me and was quite disastrous last peafowl season when only 4 of 10 eggs hatched.

-Kathy

were they shipped eggs?.. shipped peafowl eggs can be a bit iffy depending on how the USPS handled them.. for some reason they seem to be a bit more fragile internally than most other eggs..

I'll be hatching out more shipped peafowl eggs this spring so I may have to start a page on them once they arrive

Back
Top Bottom