Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

It's the size and growth rate.. the French Whites were bred to grow faster and get larger than normal muscovy.. so where a regular muscovy will get to around 14 to 16 pounds for the drakes.. the French Whites can get to 18- 20 for the drakes ..

There is a "saying" about the French Whites.. 12 pounds by 12 weeks of age (again.. that's for the drakes with hens being smaller)..

*edited to trim down the post a bit by removing the extra quotes

Ah - got it. It's all about the size. :)

I'm assuming you've offered them food and water by now.. so if it were me.. I would add some save-a-chick or other electrolyte/vitamins to their water for a few days and see how they respond

*edited to trim down the post a bit by removing the extra quotes

Kathy - we gave ours some polyvisol immediately after hatch and for several days after. I don't know, but it seemed to perk up Alcatraz.

Kathy - we gave ours some polyvisol immediately after hatch and for several days after. I don't know, but it seemed to perk up Alcatraz.
I did that, but I also gave the sickest a drop of Baytril. The last time I hatched duckings I lost two to e. Coli yolk sac infections.

-Kathy

What I need to do is figure out how to give the proper amount, which in this case I think would be 10mg/kg twice a day. It only weighs 50 grams, so I think that's .005ml, which is impossible to give straight from the bottle. Need to do some math and figure out a dilution that will work.

-Kathy

What I need to do is figure out how to give the proper amount, which in this case I think would be 10mg/kg twice a day. It only weighs 50 grams, so I think that's .005ml, which is impossible to give straight from the bottle. Need to do some math and figure out a dilution that will work.

-Kathy

That's what I had to do for the baby gerbils! Good luck with your maths!

Thanks, I'll need it, lol. I'll ask Mike to help me when he gets home, he's really good with that "stuff". FWIW, I used a 1ml syringe and a 22 gauge needle and gave it a very small drop.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom