Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Quote: Beware, they can cause injection site necrosis.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

OK Kathy, he said what you have is WAY to strong for him. We need to give him less then 3 milligrams and the smallest dose you have Is 10 milligrams.

Let me see if there's anything else he suggests..

How is little Alcatraz doing? Updated pictures? Is Zippy sitting yet?

Hi Subhanalah!

Thanks for asking! They are ALL doing great! Getting SO BIG! It's hard to believe they can get so big so fast! Of course, they LOVE their bath! They are still cute and fuzzy, but definitely not looking like babies anymore! I have a busy day today, but will get some photos tomorrow.

When I locked everyone in last night, Zippy was on the nest. She was on the nest when I went to bed at 9. She was on the nest when my husband went to bed at midnight. She was on the nest when he got up at 7, and still on the nest when I checked on them again at 9 this morning....so I think she is starting to sit. My husband said she got off the nest to get a drink when he changed the water this morning, and he counted 11 eggs. I think she is sitting....but it seems like the eggs are still coming! Claude (Daddy duck) is guarding her - keeping the chickens away. I'm just making sure they are safe, and staying away! I'm a little worried about how cold it is in the cellar - it's cold here in Massachusetts in general - probably 35-40ish at the lowest. I'm worried about the eggs getting too cold when she is off the nest - but keeping my distance out of respect for Zippy!

Hi Subhanalah!

Thanks for asking! They are ALL doing great! Getting SO BIG! It's hard to believe they can get so big so fast! Of course, they LOVE their bath! They are still cute and fuzzy, but definitely not looking like babies anymore! I have a busy day today, but will get some photos tomorrow.

When I locked everyone in last night, Zippy was on the nest. She was on the nest when I went to bed at 9. She was on the nest when my husband went to bed at midnight. She was on the nest when he got up at 7, and still on the nest when I checked on them again at 9 this morning....so I think she is starting to sit. My husband said she got off the nest to get a drink when he changed the water this morning, and he counted 11 eggs. I think she is sitting....but it seems like the eggs are still coming! Claude (Daddy duck) is guarding her - keeping the chickens away. I'm just making sure they are safe, and staying away! I'm a little worried about how cold it is in the cellar - it's cold here in Massachusetts in general - probably 35-40ish at the lowest. I'm worried about the eggs getting too cold when she is off the nest - but keeping my distance out of respect for Zippy!

AWWWW
As long as she stays on them those eggs will be OK, you may lose one or two but for the most part you should be OK. Just keep track of the days and try to not bother her otherwise she may stop. First timers are always the hardest, they seem to want to quit to early so have that incubator ready just in case.

Back
Top Bottom