Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Well the little guy didn't make it, and I suspect he wouldn't apparently when my thumb went threw the shell it also poked a hole in the yolk. No blood just broke his yolk. Grrrrr **** me..

and earlier this week.. this was walking around in my living room and dining room...

Her name is Fiona.. born February 18th.. since we had so many large drops in temperature (from 84 down to 15 or so) I brought her in to help keep the little gal warm.. her mom was NOT happy.. but had to deal with it..

We won't discuss all the brooders in the dining room, office and front porch..
hide.gif

She is PRECIOUS! Our town bylaws specifically state "No goats unless you own 5 acres or more of property." We live in the suburbs - sigh. No goats for us.

Quote:
I use a Sharpie on all of my Eggs, there's a lot of discrepancies about it. Some say it goes into the pores but I have done it for YEARS, I have never had an issue with using it. For me I put the date that the eggs are in the process. If you really think about it if a sharpie ruins it then why not any other type of Ink or Pencil markings.

But for me, Sharpie's are not an issue..

I've used everything from sharpies to ballpoint ink to pastels... lol.. whatever I had on hand at that moment.. now I just use sharpies for the majority of them..
tried the cake dye pens once.. was a disaster when I misted the eggs!.. lol

All nine required assistance, and this one was more lethargic than the others.

Wow, you are quite the busy hatcher, lol. Where do you get peafowl eggs from this early?

-Kathy

I am getting some from a breeder in Florida that said he normally has them around the end of March.. the other breeders are from Kansas and Texas.. should have those sometime in April

yinepu, Have you access to any fertile Ocellated Turkey eggs?............
fl.gif

Bob

I'm working on that one.. the price is still a bit high on the eggs though (if I can talk him out of a half dozen or so)... so I may have to wait a couple more years.. lol

Quote:
and earlier this week.. this was walking around in my living room and dining room...

Her name is Fiona.. born February 18th.. since we had so many large drops in temperature (from 84 down to 15 or so) I brought her in to help keep the little gal warm.. her mom was NOT happy.. but had to deal with it..

We won't discuss all the brooders in the dining room, office and front porch..
hide.gif

That is adorable!

-Kathy

All nine ducklings are doing well and have more than doubled in weight even though they're only eight days old! This is the first time I've charted duckling weight, so I don't know it this is normal or not, lol.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom