Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

I've got 5 eggs on day 33. Had a bit of rocking the past 2 days. I'm hoping they're really close - I'm so nervous, agh! First ever batch of 'Scovies.
can't wait for pictures!
Thanks for asking... Doing fine and on the same growth curve as the others. Baytril really is an amazing drug. -Kathy
update plox?
Per MULTIPLE requests, here are some current photos of Skippy, Tulip, Breeze and Alcatraz - and Daddy Claude. It is 55 degrees here today - it's gorgeous, so the ducklings got an "adventure" outside for an hour. They had fun! Note that Daddy Claude has some BROWN on his chest - I never noticed it until today!
over three weeks since an update? They must be getting so big! Has zippy had hers hatch yet?

Thanks, subhanalah! Crossing my fingers I'll have some baby pics soon. Got my first external pip sometime this morning!
fl.gif

I have sixty some eggs of the French White Muscovy strain in my incubator now and am now adding 20+ more every Tuesday. My first batch which was small since they just started to lay is due to hatch on the 7th of this month with weekly hatchings thereafter. So far all have candled ok with the exception of three which candled clear. Weight loss is within a gram or two of being right-on-the-money with a couple of exceptions which I can't control since all are in the same incubator.

If I could figure out how to incubate, lol, I'd like to try hatching some French Whites, but I definetly need more practice!

One of my chocolates is has four eggs, but one of those has the air cell at the wrong end, so I'm not sure it will hatch. Based on previous hatches and the way these looked when I candled them last, I think they will hatch around the 7th.

-Kathy

The best way to incubate Muscovy eggs is using the broody mother. The next best thing is another broody Muscovy duck. Next comes a broody chicken or duck of any species, but you must remember that Muscovy eggs takes 35 days to hatch, quite a bit longer than chicken eggs and a week longer than other duck species. Next comes a good incubator that you can control temperature, humidity, turning, air flow and sanitation.

Last edited:
The best way to incubate Muscovy eggs is using the broody mother. The next best thing is another broody Muscovy duck. Next comes a broody chicken or duck of any species, but you must remember that Muscovy eggs takes 35 days to hatch, quite a bit longer than chicken eggs and a week longer than other duck species. Next comes a good incubator that you can control temperature, humidity, turning, air flow and sanitation.

lol.. the best way for me is in my incubator!.. the raccoons and skunks manage to raid every darn nest about halfway through incubation (the ducks are penned and not in a coop).. so mine hatch MUCH better in my bators!
lau.gif

I have scovy eggs in the bators now too.. lost count as to how many since I have all sorts of ducks incubating at the moment

Back
Top Bottom